What Is The Cost of Cellulaze? Are The Results Permanent?

Hi, I suffer from severe cellulite. I am so excited about this new cellulaze procedure, however I am concerned about the cost..i am wondering if the results are permanent. My surgeon is trying to tell me its a permanent fix. Is this true?

Cellulaze results

Cellulaze works by breaking up the abnormal fibrous tissues that are responsible for creating the appearance of cellulite, and removing the trapped fat and toxins in the area, with laser technology. The fat/toxins are removed and the heat of the laser energy boosts collagen production, so that a healthier skin structure is created to achieve a smoother appearance. It does work, and my patients have great results. Cellulaze is different from other treatments in that it works to target the abnormal structure underneath the skin that causes cellulite. It's more indepth than other treatments. It is $3500-$7000 and lasts for a long time, and you can maintain your results with a healthy lifestyle.

Cellulaze is Permanent

Cellulaze tightens the skin and reorganizes the connective fibers within the fat to permanently change the architecture of cellulite. It takes about 3 months to see definitive changes, and about 1 year for complete remodeling to occur. This procedure is performed under local anesthesia and has very little discomfort. Only a single treatment is required to achieve lasting results.

What Is the Cost of Cellulaze? Are the Results Permanent?

There have been no recurrences of cellulite in the corrected areas that were done in the pre-market FDA studies by US investigators up to February, 2012. I have been doing Cellulaze since April of 2012 and have seen no recurrences. Since the correction is structural, releasing the fibrous bands and thickening and tightening the skin, Cellulaze is currently considered a one-time treatment. Since permanent means for a lifetime, and there will be changes related to aging, some laxity of skin and perhaps some wrinkling are bound to occur naturally. It is not at all like the massage-machine type treatments which do nothing to release the structural causes of cellulite. In discussing cost, we have learned that Cellulaze is a non-trivial, time and energy-intensive procedure. To do one area, which is bilateral thighs, each the size of an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper, takes 2.5 hours of operating room time, plus pre-operative marking, photographs and prep time. The cost of one area (bilateral) is currently 4500, two areas 7,000, and three areas 9500.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze cost

The cost of Cellulaze will depend on the number and size of areas of the body to be treated.  It could be as low as $2,500 if one or 2 areas are treated, but as high as several thousand dollars if multiple areas are treated.   Other costs to consider when deciding on this treatment is the anesthesia.  A general anesthesia will be more costly than a local anesthesia.  I tend to do these under a local anesthesia unless other types of surgeries are being done concurrently.   Treatment results are long lasting.   Studies are showing the improvements from the Cellulaze treatment lasting 2-3 years.  Further studies are on going.   

Steven Svehlak, MD

Brazilian Cellulite Treatment Cost vs. Cellulaze

I have found that the Brazilian Cellulite Treatment that I discussed on The Doctors remains the most longlasting solution to cellulite. Cost varies, but ranges from 1500 to 3500 dollars. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Cellulaze costs

Cost of cellulaze depends on the area on which you want treated. Each surgeon has their own pricing, it is best to have a consultation to get more information about procedure and price.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Cost and Results of Cellulaze

The treatment could take over two hours on severe cases and prices should be around 5,000 dollars. Severe cases will have significant improvement and the results should be long lasting.

Cellulaze, a minimally invasive cellulite reduction treatment, costs vary but the results seem to be permanent at two years.

Cellulaze is the first proven minimally invasive surgical procedure that appears to permanently treats cellulite. The costs depend on how large an area on your buttock and or thigh is treated and whether you require an anesthetic. The procedure has been proven to be effective in reducing cellulite in clinical trials and in patients followed out to two years.

Laurie Casas, MD

Cellulaze for long lasting treatment of cellulite

Thanks for your questions, chiefette.  The cost of Cellulaze is based on how much cellulite is being treated, and has been noted on realself to be around $5700.  Since Cellulaze is such a new procedure, results are only going back a few years, but they have not changed on the patients that were in the studies if they maintained their weight and lifestyle well.

Cellulaze is the first FDA approved minimally invasive, one-time treatment for cellulite.  It utilizes a 1440 nm side-firing laser fiber optic to treat the three main causes of cellulite:  It breaks down the fatty bulges, then cuts the fibrous septae that cause dimpling, then finally stimulates the dermis to shrink and thicken in order to improve the look of you cellulite areas.

Good luck in your endeavors!

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Cellulaze , permanence, cost

Cellulaze treatments have been performed for three years. It appears that it is lasting to date without a need for touch ups.                               Pricing seems to be pretty much uniform around the country.                                 

$3500 seems to be at the low end for one area of the thighs, both sides

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS