Endoscopic Browlift Versus Hairline Browlift?

How long will each of these last?

Endoscopic brow lift or hairline lift

+5

A hairline lift will prettty much last a lifetime, but the endoscopic brow lift may not.  The hairline lift will leave a scar at the border of the hairline.

Coronal Browlifts May Last Longer

+4

I'm not a big fan of the hairline Brow Lifts.  Over the past 20 years, I have seen some beautiful incisions using this technique but all the patients are still upset after having this procedure.  There are small vilous hairs in front of the hairline that give it a more natural appearance.  The hair line Forehead or Brow Lift, removes skin below the hairline and as such, removes all these vilous hairs.  The result, even with the bst possible scar, is a very noticeable straight line.  Women that I have seen for other things during consultation all style their hair to hide this straight un-natural appearing hairline and wish that didn't have the procedure.

If you have a very high forehead (hairline, you may consider this approach) otherwise I like the Coronal Browlift with the incision about 7 cm's (3 inches) inside your hairline.  The endoscopic Brow Lift has the problem of requiring a suture, thread, hook or other device to hold up the eyebrows from the insdie...and IMHO, all of these can and do weaken causing one or both eyebrows to fall in as early as 6-12 months after the Browlift.

Coronal Browlifts actually remove scalp tissue as their method of holding up the eyebrows and last much longer and are more reliable again IMHO.

Endoscopic vs hairline browlifts.

+3

Both types of browlifts, if done well should last long periods if not permanently.  Each type of lift must be applied to the correct patient.  An endoscopic browlift may increase the height of the forehead so is avoided in patients with high foreheads to begin with.  A hairline browlift can be done simply, with the patient awake, under local anesthesia and hides the scar at the hair junction.  I've found this simple procedure to be very effective, long lasting and very well tolerated by my patients.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

Endoscopic browlift vs hairline browlift

+3

Results of a hairline browlift tends to be more stable and tends to last longer. There is a lot of variability with the amount of relaxation from an endoscopic browlift since there is no skin removed. A pretrichial incision can be performed on the patients with a high hairline to enable the hairline to be lowered approximately ½ inch. Addressing the corrugator, frontalis, and procerus muscles is also performed if needed at the time of the surgery.

Conventional brow lift has long lasting results

+2
In my opinion, the hairline brow lift has more lasting results than the endoscopic method. I cannot recall a patient seeking reoperation after hairline brow lift in my years of practice and there is a high satisfaction rate from this procedure.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Endoscopic versus hairline browlift

+2

I believe that with good release and elevation that an endoscopic browplasty will last as long as a "hairline" browlift.  Either technique should yield nice, long lasting results.  It is rare that I have to redo a browlift, even a decade later, and the majority of mine are performed endscopically.  I will use the hairline incision for those with a high forehead.

Douglas M. Stevens, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Endoscopic vs Hairline Browlift

+2

As we said in response to  your  previous question, both procedures last for many years. It is fair to say the results last forever because you will always look better than you would if you did not have the operation. Because the endoscopic technique will always raise the hairline , many patients select  the hairline incision which is ultimately hidden by hair which grows through that incision.

Forehead, brow lift-endoscopic, hairline

+2

The endoscopic approach is a more conservative lifting. I have almost totally abandoned the hairline incision, primarily because the effects are quite similar and there are usually small scars with the former. It is difficult to predict how long each or either will last and a lot depends not only on the surgeon but also on the patients healing and re-stretch. I have seen my patients and others patients and have noticed in some that the eyebrows have not stayed as high.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Choosing Brow Lift Surgery Type - Endoscopic or Open Hairline?

+2

Hi vanidad in miami,

One should always look improved after plastic surgery. Unlike nonsurgical methods, brow lift surgery (endoscopic, open, hairline, coronal, etc) generally will last years. Results after cosmetic surgery are permanent, as one cannot undo your plastic surgery. Keep in mind that one cannot stop the natural aging process, and repeat cosmetic treatments or plastic surgery may be requested to maintain desired cosmetic results.

The decision on endoscopic brow lift or open brow lift procedure is dependent on your specific anatomy, personal goals, and advice from your plastic surgeon. Only after a comprehensive evaluation by a brow lift surgeon can he/she help determine appropriate options for you.

Dr. C

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Endoscopic browlift vs. hairline browlift

+1

It depends who you ask.  I try to discuss different options with my patients and discuss that different physicians may approach any problem in various ways.  There are plenty of doctors who do hairline brow lifts and swear that their results are superior to and last longer than doctors (like myself) who try to steer patients to small incision lifts.  Personally, if it was me, I would prefer having a brow lift with the smaller incisions.  I personally do not believe that one approach lasts longer than the other.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon