Forehead Lengthening - How Much of a Gain in Length?

I am a 23 year old female.I have a very short hairline (almost 2inches). Is there any way of lengthening the forehead with a lift of some sort? If so how much of a gain in length would you see. Please briefty explain the procedure you would suggest. Roughly the cost as well. thanks for any help as I am extremely unhappy with my low hairline.

Making Foreheads Longer.........Difficult!

+2

You can gain a little with a endo forehead or a coronal lift.  The hairline will actually shorten your forehead.   I guess plastic surgeons will have to think hard and try to come up with a better operation but at present the most you can gain is about 5 to 10 mm.  (less than 1/2 inch)   Happy Valentines Day.   Dr commons

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Forehead Lengthening

+2

If your eyebrows are low, an endoscopic or coronal browlift will elevate the hairline and stretch the forehead skin.  A bettter  technique is the placement of an expander in the forehead, strech the skin as much as desired, and then elevate the hairline  when the expander is removed. With this approach, we have total control when establishing forehead length.

Forehead lengthening

+1

I agree that a coronal forehead lift is the best procedure, especially if you need brow elevation as well - but it would be difficult to raise your hairline more than ~ 1cm.

Web reference: http://www.seattleface.com/html/brow_lift.php

Hairline Advancement for Forehead Extension

+1

By elevating the hairline, usually through an incision made back within the hairline, the forehead can be extended by as much as 2 to 3 cm in a flexible forehead.  To achieve any more elevation, tissue expansion of the forehead would be indicated, something that few patients are willing to tolerate.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Short forehead

+1

Foreheads can be lenghtened by removing some of the hair - bearing scalp above the forehead.  This can be done with a lift.  It can be difficult to get a natural appearing hairline this way and a lift is required in order to stretch the skin. Make sure you see a board - certified plastic surgeon in consultation.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

A Coronal brow lift will increase the height of your forehead but you need to have lower eye brows also

+1

A coronal brow lift will increase the height of your forehead but it will also elevate your eyebrows. By making the incision back behind the hair line you lengthen your vertical forehead. This is one of the most exciting operations I do and it gives great results in the right patient. If your eye brows are a little low and you have deep frown lines between you eye brows this is exactly the operation for you. How ever if you don't have these changes then you won't want to look strange because your eye brows are too high. A brow lift done in front of the hair live will shorten the forehead as will a endoscopic brow lift. At 23 you probably are not a candidate for this procedure. 

Most browlifts will lengthen the forehead

+1

A short forehead is more difficult to improve than a long one. Most types of browlifts, other than a hairline or pretrichial technique, will actually lengthen the forehead to some degree. But this degree of lengthening is never more than .5 to 1 cm in actual length. It is possible to create real forehead lengthening through tissue expansion and scalp excision but this would be an extreme approach.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/

Forehead lift?

+1

Dear hersheykissy,

A forehead lift is a great surgery, but only in the appropriately selected cases.  Surgery is generally preserved as a last resort for most cosmetic issues.  A low hairline is not traditionally treated with a forehead lift.  This is a difficult question to answer without pictures.  First, you must decide the aesthetic ideal placement of your hairline.  If it is indeed too low, consider possible hairstyle changes as your hairline will likely lengthen with aging.  If you are certain that it is too low and prefer a more immediate change, consider laser hair removal or depilation along the frontal hairline.  Tissue expansion of the forehead is an option, but is less than ideal.  This essentially involves baloons placed beneath the skin that will stretch and lengthen your tissue.  It would be wise to visit one or several board certified plastic surgeons to gain some information and consider your options.

Good luck!!

Raising the Hairline of fore head

+1

Dear hersheykissy,

You have an interesting problem. Before you embark on any surgery first decide where your hairline should be. and  have your stylist  mark it.  Then  shave off that area.    If   you like your new hairline  consult  someone who does good laser hair removal and have the hair removed  to  the new level. .It sound like wierd idea but  you are doing what is happening to lot of men( receding hairline). So basically you are receding your hairline with the aid of laser. 

In order for the. laser hair removal to be effective you should have dark hair  If you are a platinum blond you are out of luck.

Forehead

+1

This is a very interesting question, lengthening the forehead. Normally one wants about 7cm from brow to hairline. Aforehead lift will increase the width of the forehead 2 cm.

However one can increase the width of the forehead if you are willing to undergo two surgeries and significant inconvenience between the two surgeries and the expense.

Tissue expansion of the forehead then removal of expanders and making sure the brows are in good position.