Drooping Left Eyebrow After 10 Units of Botox to Forehead - How Should I Proceed? (photo)

Two weeks ago, I had 10 units of Botox injected to my forehead and 5 units beside my eyes for crows feet. This was my 3rd time getting Botox, but 1st time with this doctor. Since the last injections, I have had drooping of my left eyelid, which I have never noticed before. I have to make an effort to fully raise the eyelid and once I blink it droops again. Based on this picture, are eyedrops or a touch-up likely to help me? I am hesitant to see this Dr. again or have more injections.

Droopy lid after Botox

+1

I do think the eye drops will help your eye look better while the effects of the Botox become weaker

Eyelid droop with botox in forehead

+1

Depending on where the botox on the forehead was injected, the eyelid may have come down with the eyebrow or by itself. The forehead muscle being relaxed would explain the first situation and the Botox diffusing into the levator muscle of the upper eyelid would explain the latter. If it is the latter then Iopidine might be prescribed by a doctor for you to place the drops in your eye to help lift the eyelid a little. If it is the forehead, then possibly, depending on your exam, you might benefit by treating the glabella and more units in the outer eyebrow tail to help lift the eyebrow. See an experienced Botox physician, preferably a dermatologist or plastic surgeon, but you should see the doctor who injected you to ask the questions you raised.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Drooping eyebrow from Botox

+1

Your Botox experiences are a good example that anyone can inject neurotoxins but doing it safely and correctly requires a comprehensive understanding of functional anatomy to maximize outcomes. Each patient needs to be thoroughly assessed and have a specific treatment plan developed based on patient desires and a comprehensive aesthetic evaluation. It is as much an art as it is a science. And there is no substitute for experience.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Drooping Brow after Forehead Botox

+1

Although seemingly everyone appears to inject Botox and filles these days, clearly that should not be the case. Getting great Botox results depends as much on using fresh, undiluted Botox in sufficient strength as it is in placing it in exact locations based on a thorough knowledge of facial anatomy in producing facial expressions. 

As we age our brows gradually lose their arch, flatten and then sag producing a seeming upper lid skin excess. This is often masked by forceful upward pull of the Frontalis muscles of the forehead. Injecting Botox within 2 fingers of the brow is SURE to weaken the lower portion of the Frontalis muscle which keeps the brow up resulting in a sleepy (or medically speaking a luetic appearance ).  It appears your Botox injector may not have appreciated just how much this portion of the muscle, now weakened temporarily with botox, was to keeping the brow in pace. You need to give it 3-4 months t the most and the brw will go up as the muscle regans is innervation.