How Long After Breast Lift and Augmentation Do I Need to Wear the Surgical Bra?

I had a full breast lift and a 700cc silicone breast augmentation. Is it necessary for me to wear a sports bra for 3-6 months and also to bed? I would really like to start wearing a push up bra but I'm not sure if that is a good idea?

Compression is key, discuss this with your surgeon...

In the immediate post-operative period, a compression bra offers significant advantages for wound healing.Compression minimizes discomfort, swelling, pain, seroma formation, hematoma formation and wound breakdown.In addition, it provides support to the wound closure and helps shape the breast.
We place all of our combination breast augmentation, breast lift patients in a compressive support bra before they leave the operating room.This is continued for at least 3 weeks following surgery.At this point, patients are switched into a sport bra without an underwire for an additional 3 months.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

8900 West Dodge Road
Omaha, NE 68114

What bra after augmentation

The short answer is you should ask your surgeon as he or she is in the best position to advise you. I usually suggest that my patients wear their post-op bra 24/7 for the first two weeks except to shower and then wear whatever is comfortable. They can also then go without a bra if it is comfortable. In general it is several months before they are comfortable with a pushup bra or one with underwires but it does vary from person to person.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

920 Chestnut St
Yuba City, CA 95991

How long to wear a surgical bra after breast implant and lift

I recommend that patients where a surgical or sports bra for a full month after a breast lift.  They should be worn day and night and removed only to shower.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

106 Stanhope Street
Princeton, New Jersey 08540

Bras after augmentation

Each surgeon has their own protocol for how long to wear a surgical bra after augmentation. Thus, you should check with your surgeon. I usually suggest patients wear the surgical bra for three weeks at all times except for showering.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

4741 E. Camp Lowell
Tucson, AZ 85712

Bra use after Breast Augmentation/Lift Surgery

I would highly recommend that you speak with your surgeon in regards to the type of bra you can wear after surgery. 

In my practice, I ask patients not to wear underwire bras or push up bras until they have full sensation and the breast implants have settled into the pocket. 

It is important to follow your surgeons recommendation to allow for the best possible results.

Best Wishes!

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942

Bra after surgery

I think that you should wear your bra for about 2 months after surgery. But that's my advice. You should ask your surgeon for theirs.

Michael Constantin Gartner, DO
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

3 Winslow Place
Paramus, NJ 07652

Follow your surgeon's advice after breast mentation

It is a good idea to follow your surgeon's advice regarding wearing your sports bra after your breast augmentation surgery. I usually recommend my patients wear a sports bra or other good supportive bra for two months day and night after their surgery however it sounds like your surgeon recommended something different. Please follow his or her advice.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

362 Fairlawn Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5M 1T6

Bra and augmentation

I do not recommend to my patients to wear a  bra for a long time .  I do not think it matters that much.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028