How Long After Breast Lift and Augmentation Do I Need to Wear the Surgical Bra?

I had a full breast lift and a 700cc silicone breast augmentation. Is it necessary for me to wear a sports bra for 3-6 months and also to bed? I would really like to start wearing a push up bra but I'm not sure if that is a good idea?

Bra and augmentation

+1

I do not recommend to my patients to wear a  bra for a long time .  I do not think it matters that much.

What bra after augmentation

+1

The short answer is you should ask your surgeon as he or she is in the best position to advise you. I usually suggest that my patients wear their post-op bra 24/7 for the first two weeks except to shower and then wear whatever is comfortable. They can also then go without a bra if it is comfortable. In general it is several months before they are comfortable with a pushup bra or one with underwires but it does vary from person to person.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

How long to wear a surgical bra after breast implant and lift

+1

I recommend that patients where a surgical or sports bra for a full month after a breast lift.  They should be worn day and night and removed only to shower.

Web reference: http://www.drhamawy.com/breast/lift-westchester-ny/

Bras after augmentation

+1
Each surgeon has their own protocol for how long to wear a surgical bra after augmentation. Thus, you should check with your surgeon. I usually suggest patients wear the surgical bra for three weeks at all times except for showering.
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Bra use after Breast Augmentation/Lift Surgery

+1

I would highly recommend that you speak with your surgeon in regards to the type of bra you can wear after surgery. 

In my practice, I ask patients not to wear underwire bras or push up bras until they have full sensation and the breast implants have settled into the pocket. 

It is important to follow your surgeons recommendation to allow for the best possible results.

Best Wishes!

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLiftAug.htm