Could a Breast Augmentation Fix my Wide Set Breasts? (photo)

My boobs are fairly small (b cups), set far apart, and have an odd shape. Could breast augmentation fix their shape and how far apart they are or could it only make them bigger?

Wide set breasts

+2

I tell my patients that a breast augmentation does in fact only make the breast larger.  However, by doing so some shape issues and asymmetry issues are camouflaged.  In addition, adding volume adds volume all over the breast and more volume in the inside portion of the breast will improve the cleavage especially with the correct bra.

It is not always straight forward nor desirable to place the implants closer together than your individual anatomy will allow but some degree of narrowing in the cleavage area is almost always obtained.

Judging by your photos I believe this will be the case in your case.

Thank you for your question and for he photos.  Good luck.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Wide breast space and breast augmentation

+1

Breast augmentation can give you improvement in the spacing and the size and shape of your breasts but will not "fix" your breasts. The problem is that the nipple would need to be centered on the implant and as such the implant would have to extend an equal distance from the nipple to the outer side of the breast as from the nipple to the cleavage side. This would be a very wide implant.  Your plastic surgeon can discuss all this with you and offer some suggestions.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation to “Fix" Wide Set Breasts?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Although it is difficult to give you precise advice without direct examination, I think you may be pleasantly surprised to hear that you do have a lot of breast tissue in the “cleavage area”;  this area can be enhanced with breast implants creating an appearance of breasts that are closer to one another. Breast implants can also round out the appearance of your breasts.

If you are considering breast augmentation surgery I would suggest that you do the following:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This if communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.