Almost 7 Liters of Fat Removed, but No Difference.... Why (photo)?

1 week post op, lipo to abdomen, flanks and conservative lipo on inner thighs. I also had breast implants at the same time. Im 27, 5'8", was 165 pre op, 173 post op. Little to no pain. Wearing my compression garmet 24/7 with epifoam. Its not a huge deal, I'm just curious how this is possible.

Liposuction for contouring not weight loss

+2

Two things to keep in mind are that 1) it is too early to evaluate lipo results at one week, and 2) your own surgeon should be able to answer your questions about results. I should point out also that 7 liters is more than most would recommend doing in one session as an outpatient especially when another procedure is done at the same time. It is normal for the body to retain fluid after major surgery, which may explain part of the issue, and of course breast implants add some weight. In any case, your long-term results won't be measured by what you weigh  but the changes in proportions.

1 Week after Liposuction and No Difference after 7 Liters Removed

+1

5 liters is the most I take out at one setting, and the results are dramatic even during the first week.  However, some patients may have a great amount of swelling masking the results.  Give yourself 3 to 6 months before making any judgements.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Weight gain after surgery

+1

You are very early in the healing process.  It is much too soon to be able to judge results from the procedure.  Swelling is still present and will be for several weeks yet.  Continue to follow up with your surgeon as scheduled so that he/she may monitor your progress.  Good luck!

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Weight gain after liposuction

+1

Many patients experience weight gain due to swelling after surgery.  This typically subsides and after several weeks patients start to notice the appropriate weight loss.

But there is another important factor to consider:  patients are sedentary after their liposuction.  During that period, they may eat more than their body needs.  

It is therefore very important to eat the best diet possible during the healing phase, proteins and vegetables, avoid snacks, fried foods and eating late (and eating out).

This advice applies to all surgeries:  it is best to avoid gaining weight during a sedentary interval, and undo the results of the surgery.  

Brent Moelleken, MD

Hello

+1

Your only 1 week post-surgery, the weight gain you are experiencing right now is swellings. It takes 6-9 months for all swelling to subside give it time. Wearing your compression garment as much as possible is good, continue that.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS