Lipo For Back of Leg (Banana Roll) Risky? (photo)

I am a 29 year old female, 5'7, 137 Ibs. I exercise moderately and can still not get rid fat on the back of my leg. I have heard lipo in that area can be very risky, because removing fat from the banana roll area can cause the buttcheek to sag. Will it sag worse? I also know that many people who get lipo in that area get a cellutlite looking ripple afterwards. Any suggestions of a good solution to this kind of unattractive fat on the back of leg?

Liposuction

+3

I cannot see a banana roll in your posted photos. Liposuction in this area is risky enough but in the absence of a banana roll it will likely be disastrous. That is the problem with the internet today patient's are partially educated and partial education is sometimes worse than not being educated. If you throw some money around and see enough doctors you could find someone to do this but that does not mean it is the right thing to do.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Banana Roll Liposuction

+1

Due to the fact that there is little issue, the result will not be dramatic and will require both a conservative liposuction and attention to detail.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Contouring liposuction for the banana roll

+1

The banana roll is a tricky area for liposuction as the body needs some fat to support the buttocks.  Conservative contouring liposuction is usually beneficial on my patients.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Lipo For Back of Leg (Banana Roll) Risky?

+1

You need a very expert lipo doc and I recommend Smart Lipo Triplex unit. This can be done under local anesthesia. 

Banana roll liposuction

+1

Liposuction of the banana rolls on the back of the upper thigh underneath the buttock crease can be performed safely and efffectively.

CoolSculpting is ideal for the Banana Roll area

+1

The banana roll is a localized area of fat just beneath the buttocks crease that is tubular in shape. The deformity in your photo is mild to moderate and ideal for CoolSculpting!

CoolSculpting is a new technology that freezes the fat cells that then die and are removed naturally by the body (cryolipolysis) over the next 4 to 6 weeks.  It will also cause some mild skin retraction.  It is FDA cleared and will decrease the fat layer by at least 20% for one session, two sessions 4 weeks apart will decrease the fat layer by 40-50%.

This is not surgery.  There is no anesthetic used, no IV's, no drugs.  There is no down time what so ever, you can run a marathon the minute you come off the machine.  Each session lasts one hour, so if you treat both thighs, it would take 2 hours.  You can watch TV, read a book, talk on the phone,or eat a Caesar salad while you have the treatment.  The cost is much less than liposuction.

You would be an absolutely.perfect candidate for the treatment.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

When you need high quality finesse in liposuction, this is where a derm surgeon excels.

+1

The back of the leg is just one area where you need high quality finesse work done that derm surgeons have the extra training in tumescent liposuction under local anesthesia with the micro canulas and the ability to stand patients up and smooth areas that most plastic surgeons can't since they tend to use general anesthesia, larger canulas and don't stand patients up to fine tune the results. Typically, the smaller the canula, the smoother the result. Derm surgeons tend to use the smallest canulas and with ability to have the patients to move in all positions and see what needs to be done, we tend to get results that others can't get. This technique is a little more expensive but you are paying for quality and the results are so worth it. Yes, I think you could benefit from this technique. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction for Banana roll

+1

based on my personal experience the best way to smooth out the roll would be to do tumescent assisted liposuction with the patient in standing position. its difficult to do but thats how I get very pleasing, reporoducible results. and yes, youre right, if not done with care liposuction in this area can cause the buttocks to droop

Misbah Khan, MD

Liposuction of back or the leg or Banana roles in Los Angeles

+1

Liposuction of the bannana role, which is the area behind the thigh and just under the buttock crease is very risky. First, it can cause crease lines,and second it can result in buttock sagging.

S. Sean Younai, MD, FACS

Liposuction in experience hands or coolsculpting

+1

Liposuction of this area when done properly is safe and effective.  The key is to preserve the ligaments that are in this area so going to an experienced plastic surgeon will be important.  Your other option which may be beneficial to you is coolsculpting.  It can eliminate small amounts of fat--about 20% or so-- with essentially no downtime and much less risk of complications.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD