Can Liposuction Reduce Sagging Skin and Fat Left After C-section?

I had two C-Sections back to back 4 years ago. This left fat and sagging skin on my abdomen and fat on my hips. Is it okay to undergo liposuction for this? If so, which type would be best?

Liposuction and mini tummy tuck should make your stomach look a lot better.

This is a very common problem after C sections. Fortunately, liposuction and a little mini tummy tuck (like an extensive scar revision) work very well with short recovery. 

875 Park Ave at 78th Street
New York, NY 10075

Tummy Tuck

Big Mom,

You can have liposuction but this will not correct your wrinkling skin. Since your skin and abdominal muscles have been stretched by pregnancies then an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) will give you the correction you desire.

Good luck.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS, FACS

2220 Wisteria Drive
Snellville, GA 30078

Liposuction and sagging skin

Liposuction would definitely help improve the subcutaneous fat component but may increase your chances of further laxity and hanging skin.  You may be better off having a consultation for a possible tummy tuck.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Lipo for the hips

Liposuction is an excellent answer for your hips. However, the excess skin in your abdomen will require excision. Cilinical exam would determine the extent of all these procedures and if you could benefit from a mini-tummy tuck . Good Luck!

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

20301 SW Birch St
Newport Beach, CA 92660

Consider a tummy tuck

Liposuction is really "Fat" "suction" when you break the meaning of the term down. It has little effect upon skin. If skin is a large part of the problem for you, liposuction is not going to help much.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

630 South Glassell
Orange, CA 92866