How Painful is Liposuction with Butt Injections?

How much pain will I be in after getting Liposuction and Fat injection to my bottom?

Liposuction and Buttock Fat Grafting - Recovery

+1
Every patient has a different pain tolerance, and the amount of pain greatly depends on how aggressive the liposuction procedure was. Overall, I would say this procedure is not extremely painful. Liposuction feels similar to the soreness you experience after an aggressive workout. I've never had a patient complain of pain from the buttock fat grafting, only the liposuction.

Pain after Liposuction with Butt Injections

+1
Many patients are concerned with the amount of pain they will experience after Liposuction.  We do a large number of Liposuction procedures with Fat injections to the buttocks.  The tumescent fluid that is injected for liposuction contains a local anesthetic which provides pain relief for several hours after surgery. This gives the patients time to begin their oral pain medications relatively soon after the procedure.  Most patients describe the pain after liposuction as more of a soreness rather than a sharp pain.  The pain medications taken routinely for 3-6 days post operatively work well and easily control the pain for most patients.

Christopher J. Morea, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Very little pain and a whole lot of gain with Liposuction

+1

Pain can be difficult to gage. People respond to pain differently. Liposuction is usually not extremely painful. There is a lot of soreness that can limit your activity. Severe pain with liposuction and fat transfer is not the norm.

Seek the opinion of several board certified plastic surgeons and their experiences with the procedure.

Good luck.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Liposuction doesn't have very painful recovery for most patients

+1

Although it may look like it should hurt, liposuction is one of the easier recoveries after surgery. Most patients are up and around right away, and return to work within a few days. It is not uncommon for patients to not need any prescription-strength pain medication. Same for fat transfers, including the bottom. There are of course exceptions, but that is typical.

Richard Baxter, MD

Pain with butt fat injections

+1

Most of my patients liken it to a deep bruising feeling. At first there is some burning pain then it just gets sore. It is a well tolerated procedure.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Tumescent Liposuction is almost painless

+1

Liposuction under local anesthesia by the tumescent technique is almost painless and so easy to go through. With all liposuctions you will need some sort of pain meds for the first week but most patients are back to work in 2 days. 

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction with fat injections to butt not very painful.

+1

Hi.

Of course, there is some discomfort, but compared to other operations, having liposuction with butt fat injections (the Brazilian butt lift) has little pain.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Pain after liposuction and fat grafting to Butt (Brazilian Butt Lift)

+1

Pain varies according to individual tolerance and donor sites. Generally speaking, as an indication of pain, patients tend to take prescribed medications for about 10-14 days. Thereafter, they tend to experience a deep bruise type of sensation that can be aggravated by contact or impact activities. This is commonly treated with motrin like products at that point in time. In general, most tenderness is completely resolved by 3 months.

Pain from Liposuction with Butt injections

+1

Post operative pain is a very subjective. Some are having very little pain while others are having very high levels of pain. I always give Rx for pain, leaving it up to the patient if she wants to use them or not.