Lipo-Ex Side Effects- Hard Bump, Red and Tender. (photo)

I have had 3 Lipo-Ex treatments of the abdomen. The first 2 were without pain.side effects. However, the third I had a different technician and felt the procedure was warmer, and rougher. After the 3rd treatment my abs were a little sore, 3 days after the treatment I have noticed a hard bump/lump that is round in the lower part of my stomach just above my c-section scar, now the area is very tender to the touch and the skin is red and there cause for alarm? HELP!!

Liposuction - EX

You need to talk to your's hard to say anything absolutely via this forum but this looks like a cellulitis.  You probably need antibiotics; possibly just oral but, if severe and/or progressive, you may need parenteral (IV).  You also may need to have the area drained surgically (not necessarily such a big procedure) depending on what your course is like.  The first step, though, is for you to contact your PS.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,
Dr. E

122 East 64th Street
New York, NY 10065

Appears as a cellulitis in the photo. Seek immediate medical care, like PO antibiotics. If it becomes more swollen, tender you may need a drainage operation. The cause most likely is a break in sterile technique, contaminated creams, wand, both. Or the area being treated was not cleansed correctly. Return to discuss with the doctor or center. 

6330 Manor Lane
Miami, FL 33143

Abdominal Reaction To Lipo-Ex Treatment

Whether this is an inflammatory reaction to fat necrosis or an infection (cellullitis/asbcess) can not be determined based on these photographs alone. If this problem persists more than a few days, I would suggest you get an evaluation from a board-certified plastic surgeon to consider your treatment options.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Indiana University Health North Hospital
Carmel, IN 46032

Radiotherapy for liposuction

The issue is whether this is a topical skin reaction or indication of internal fat necrosis. See your treating physician as soon as possible. If you were not treated by a board certified plastic surgeon, then I highly recommend that you see one now for an evaluation.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

112-03 Queens Blvd
Forest Hills, NY 11375

Redness and Pain after Lipo Ex

Lipo Ex uses radio frequency to destroy fat. You may be experiencing a reaction & inflammation to the damaged fat cells. However, this may also be a skin infection (cellulitis). You need to contact your treating physician as soon as possible.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

2333 W Irving Park Rd
Chicago, IL 60618

Possible infection

The redness may indicate a possible infection and you need to be evaluated by a board-certified ASPS Doctor.

Edward J. Bednar, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

439 N. Wendover Rd.
Charlotte, NC 28211

Thank you for the question and picture.

It is difficult to give you good advice without direct physical examination.

However, any area of skin with the signs/symptoms you describe  should be evaluated for the presence of infection ( cellulitis). I think you need to be evaluated by a physician ASAP. 

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942

Warmth and redness after a procedure

If you are at all concerned for the potential to have an infection, I sugget you speak with your treating physician and get an evaluation.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Lipo-ex with red painful lump

Lipo-ex is a radiofrequency treatment to reduce the fat, though it appears that you have an area of fat necrosis and inflammation, and perhaps an infection. You had best see your surgeon right away to sort things out.

8901 West Golf Road
Des Plaines, IL 60016