Micro Lipo on my Neck 3 Weeks Ago and There's Still No Change? (photo)

My surgeon told me that i would see results at 1 month but that is only a week away so i don't see how this is going to change that much in that time. The day after the procedure i liked the result and took pictures 2 days later but since then it has been getting worse and is now the same if not worse than before i had it done. I'm really upset and depressed about this as i have paid almost £3,000 for nothing. can anyone help?

Liposuction of the neck

+1

The difference between 2 days and 3 weeks is so small I would call it insignificant. If the 3 week result looks like the preop as you say it is obvious why it is micro liposuction. In that case you wasted your time and your money and no surgeon should have done the surgery because no surgeon on earth will make you happy.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Micro lipo of neck and results

+1

If you liked the results after the micro lipo of your neck at 1 to 3 days following the procedure, but  noted that the effect was subsequently lost, you may be dealing with post operative swelling.  This sweling can still be present 3 weeks or more after a surgical liposuction procedure.   If you have a compression garment, I would suggest you wear it, at least a few hours a day, for the next 2 to 3 weeks.  Also, avoid strenuous exercise for the same time period, as this can increase blood pressure and prolong the swelling.   Give it time and communicate with your surgeon.   He/she may have other suggestions to help you achieve that best reult possible.  Good luck.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Micro Lipo on my Neck 3 Weeks Ago and There's Still No Change? (p

+1

Thanks for posting the photos. Micro lipo can ONLY give very micro results. I would be very upset as you are. Seek second opinions. 

Neck lipo and results

+1

Liposuction of the neck can be very rewarding.  Since you are only a few weeks post-surgery, it is too early to predict the final result.  GIve it  more time.

Microlipo results

+1
I personally believe that microlipo produces micro results. That said, you have swelling and should be wearing a compression garment. You are in the preliminary phase of healing and the result will not become apparent for a whil so be patient.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Liposuction Results?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

At three weeks post op,  it is still too early to see the final results of your liposuction surgery.  It will be several more weeks for all of the “swelling” to resolve and several more months (up to a year) for the skin to redrape completely.

I would suggest continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon (and patience).

Your before pictures would have been helpful

+1
You still have swelling and will take another 8-12 weeks to see the final result. You have a great result 2 days after and the final result would better.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after liposuction to the neck

+1

swelling after lipo to the neck starts showing itself a few days afterwards and continues to develop over the next couple of weeks. Sometimes the neck will feel firm and hard and this is internal scarring. All this is normal and the final results are often seen a few months after the procedure is performed.

Taimur Shoaib, MD
Glasgow Plastic Surgeon

Swlling has set in

+1

If you liked it two days after this is where it will end up. Have you been wearing a compression garment.  You have normal swelling and must be patient.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD