I Had Lipo with Fat Transfer to Hips 1 Wk Ago. Way Too Much Volume. How Do I Kill Some Fat Cells?

7 Days ago, I had lipo done on inner thighs, banana roll, arms, tummy, PLUS fat transfer to outer thighs/hips to fill in an overzealous lipo from 3 years ago. Went in at 127 pounds, and am 135 and rising, 7 days later. Swelling + over correction = WAY too much volume on my outer thighs. How do I decrease swelling/fluid retention? How do I kill some fat cells as well? Thank you, Nervous in DC

Do not kill fat cells at one week

+1

It is too early to make any judgement and would not recommend you try to kill fat cells because you have no control over how much fat will die and from where. Wait it out and let the swelling dissipate on its own.

7 days post fat grafting

+1

7 days post surgery is still very early for you to judge the results of your surgery - be patient and follow up with your surgeon.  You most likely have swelling and fluid retention.

Sam Naficy, MD

Over correction with fat grafting

+1

Seven days post-op is still too early to assess the situation.  The only way you could way more than pre-op is you are swollen and retaining fluid.  You could not have gotten more fat than you had to offer from other parts of your body.  Everyone swells after lipo and because of this I tell my patients to not weigh themselves for several weeks, because the number means nothing.  Give it some time, six weeks minimum before asses the situation.  Most likely all the areas will settle back down with more healing time.

Leif L. Rogers, MD, FACS

7 days is too early to judge your results. I would wait.

+1

Seven days is too early to tell. You have a lot of inflammation and swelling that will go down with time.  I wouldn’t even start judging the results until at least one month after your procedure. There are ways to decrease the amount of fat that will survive. You can inject steroids, take oral steroids, liposuction the areas of concern, mesotherapy, etc. I would wait for now.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Concerned about possible "overzealous" fat injections

+1

At only seven days, you are far too early to be able to judge the ultimate outcome from the surgery. It may take at least 6 months to have a better idea of the results of the fat injections. Be patient. 

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Too Much Fat Transfered?

+1

It sounds like waiting may be the best option. Seven days after a fat transfer is too earyy to judge the final result due to swelling. I suggest discussing this with your plastic surgeon.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Swelling after Brazilian Butt Lift....

+1

First thing to do is to talk with your surgeon.  You are definitely swollen.  That will go away, so you are going to shrink.  Secondly, not all of the fat will survive.  Hopefully most of it will (maybe 70-80%) if you are lucky.  But, some of it definitely will, so you will shrink from this as well. 
The swelling with surgery usually involves the entire body.  Most patients receive large volumes of fluid during surgery.  Each liter of fluid weighs 2.2lbs.  It will go away and your weight will decrease. 
Talk with your surgeon, but mainly, relax and be patient.  It has only been one week.  You wil shrink for 2-3 months. 

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Fat transfer

+1

You are one week after fat transfer, you are at the maximum of your swelling. Do not try to do anything other than following your doctor post operative instructions. Copression garmeny and limit salt intake. swelling will continue for 6-12 weeks, but to a lesser degree. See your Plastic Surgeon and make sure this is swelling, dignosis and recommendations.