I'd Like to Find a NY Dermatologist That Will Do These?

1) Write me a prescription for birth control to help with acne. During my teen yrs I was on birthcontrol and I feel it was more effective than the antibiotics and retinoids that various dermatologists I consulted with these past 3 yrs have recommended to me. 2) Has treated patients that have experienced wrinkles/cracks/scratches/broken capillaries caused by tazorac. I've been off tazorac for 3 months now and my skin hasnt recovery. Wish I'd never been introduced to retinoids

Birth Control for Acne

Many patients find that birth control pills help to control their acne, particularly during the 20's and 30's, when androgen hormones may influence the skin more dramatically.  I recommend discussing treatment with birth control pills or an anti-androgen medication called Spironolactone with your dermatologist.  When appropriate, these medications can help to clear up hormonal acne.

A good dermatologist will also be able to help you repair the dryness on your skin caused by Tazorac, and recommend a regimen that works better for your skin type in the future.  If you have 'broken' capillaries, a vascular laser (such as the KTP or the VBeam) can be used to remove the tiny vessels from your skin.