Is a Light Lift the Same As a Quicklift?

Is threading done on a light lift as in a quicklift?

Quicklift incision

+1

unlike popular misconception, the Quicklift scar is not short! Infact it is much longer than many traditional SMAS facelifting techniques. The length of the Quicklift scar enables two positive outcomes. 1. the vector of lift is North south unlike the pulled back appearance of many other SMAS tightening techniques and 2. in my experience a longer incision heals far better than a shorter one.

Another Misnomer in my opinion is that a Quicklift is "quick" or surgery "lite"! In my hands a quicklift performed meticulously and properly can take up to 4 hours, longer if adjuvant procedures are performed. What is quick is the recovery time which is significantly quicker than other techniques.

At the end of the day individual surgeons have their individual preferrences and know what works best in their hands. I have moved over to the Quicklift technique as in my hands, I feel it gives a more natural result, similar longevity with more traditional lifts and significantly reduced recovery time, anaesthetic risk, cost, and risk of haematoma formation / nerve injury.

Kind regards

London Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lite Lift ("Light Lift"), Quicklift and other Mini facelift names

+1

Lite Lift, Quick Lift, MACS lift - many choices for mini facelift patients.
The mini-lifts may be tough to choose from because of all the brand names such as LifeStyle Lift, S-Lift, Quick Lift, LiteLift, MACS and others. In many cases there are more similarities than differences between these procedures as they share the use of smaller incisions, quicker recoveries, and are often done under local anesthesia with oral sedation so that a general anesthetic is not needed. Differences are often more related to the surgeons experience and preference of surgical  technique nuances. I understand how confusing this must be to the consumer. For example in my practice the Lite Lift procedure is performed - see below link for further details.

Probably most important is the skill and experience of the surgeon.
Remember it is the skill and experience of the surgeon that counts not the name !!  Great surgeons get great results, period. The best way to find one is to start with a  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon  or Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon with extensive experience over many years. Ask to see before and after photos, especially long term ones. and ask the number of times you will be seen afterwards by the surgeon rather than a medical assistant. A good place to start is "find a doctor" on the American Society of Plastic Surgeons or American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons web sites.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

LiteLift™ vs Quick Lift

+1

LiteLift™ vs Quick Lift -

These are both terms for modified face lifts that can be done under a local anesthesia the techniques are similar with tightening of the muscle and using a shorter scar incisions on the face each doctor will do his own variation but the major steps should be the same the LiteLift™ aims for a quicker recovery, less swelling and still provide and excellent result for the right candidate.