Is 78 Too Late for Quick Lift to Help?

At 78 too old for a facelift?

+1
78 years of age is not too old to have a facelift performed, as long as you're in good health. We have performed several facelifts on patient's in their early 80s and they have all done very well. For many examples, please see link below to our facelift photo gallery to give you an idea what can be accomplished with the procedure.

Age Limit for Quicklift?

+1

"Am I too old for a Quicklift?" is a common question among my facial rejuvenation patients, however better questions are "Am I healthy enough for elective surgery" and "what kind of results will I get?" I have an age range of Quicklift patients from 39 - 84. All patients need to be healthy enough to undergo and heal after a surgical procedure regardless of their age. Equally important is the patient's expectations of the surgery. Is this the procedure that will give you what you are looking for?

Gregory Pisarski, MD, FACS

Too old for a quicklift?

+1

I have learnt that one treats the face not the chronological age of the patient. If you are in good health there is no reason why age should be a barrier to cosmetic surgery. I have performed Quicklifts under pure local anaesthesia in patients in their 70's who have been turned down for surgery due to the general anaesthetic risk. They have had fantastic results. See an appropriately qualified surgeon that you trust and discuss your options. Good luck!

Dominic Bray, MBBS, FRCS
London Facial Plastic Surgeon

What Age is Appropriate for a Quicklift, LiteLift™, Facelift

+1

What Age is Appropriate for a Quicklift, LiteLift™, Facelift -

Health and attitude are most important.

It is important to be realistic about the results but you will have great improvements that should make you happy.

The procedure can be done under local to decrease cardiac risks.

Physiological Age More Important than Chronological Age for Facelifting

+1

The best candidates for Mini Lifts of all sorts including Quick lift, Lite Lift, MAC, Life Style lift and even traditional facelifts are those that are both healthy and have the right indications for the surgery. These are more important than a specific age.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Quicklift Mini Facelift

+1

The ultimate answer is based on your expectations.  I have performed MiniLifts or Quicklifts on patients as old a 82 (this was a unique case based on the patient's skin).  It is generally more difficult to get a GREAT result when patients are older than 70, but this is where your in-person consultation can really help to explain the limitations of a Mini Facelift.

Sreekant Cherukuri, MD
Munster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Quicklift

+1

The quick lift is one version of the facelift.  It depends on your surgeon, but this is typically a "mini" lift that is sometimes performed in the office with no general anesthesia. This makes it very appealing to some people.   Although you do have a significant amount of loose skin it appears that you have less fat under your chin and in your neck  then some heavier patients.

I agree that you may be a candidate for the procedure.  My advice is not to pick a procedure but rather find a surgeon whom you trust and whose before and after photos you admire.  Let them help determine which surgery is right for you taking into consideration your expectations, exam, overall health, etc.

Hope it helps!

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift quicklift cost

+1

depending on the results that you are looking for a quick-lift or facelift might be suitable for you.  It would be best to have an in person consultation.  The cost is about $4500

Afshin Farzadmehr, MD

A Quicklift can help you even at 78

+1

The Quicklift is a version of a SMAS plication facelift. Despite your age and skin looseness, a surgeon familiar with the Quicklift technique can use it to create significant, lasting improvement.

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Quick Lift

+1

It appears from your pictures that you would need a significant amount of skin removed.  Therefore, a quick lift may not be in your best interests. 

Samer W. Cabbabe, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon