Is 78 Too Late for Quick Lift to Help?

Is 78 Too Late for Quick Lift to Help?

Hi, there are so many different names that are more about marketing than descriptive of what the procedure actually does. I have performed facelifts for over 25 years and the presence of jowls remains the primary indication for some type of facelift procedure. The difference in the last 15 years is that I most often use a minimally invasive type of facelift that addresses the SMAS without threads or other suspension methods that simply do not work or last. 

The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured. The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

• very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Perlane) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
At 78, it makes more sense to me to have an effective short-incision facelift that can be done in just 90 minutes with or without anesthesia instead of a 6 hour general anesthetic for a traditional facelift.  Hope this helps.

At 78 too old for a facelift?

78 years of age is not too old to have a facelift performed, as long as you're in good health. We have performed several facelifts on patient's in their early 80s and they have all done very well. For many examples, please see link below to our facelift photo gallery to give you an idea what can be accomplished with the procedure.

Age Limit for Quicklift?

"Am I too old for a Quicklift?" is a common question among my facial rejuvenation patients, however better questions are "Am I healthy enough for elective surgery" and "what kind of results will I get?" I have an age range of Quicklift patients from 39 - 84. All patients need to be healthy enough to undergo and heal after a surgical procedure regardless of their age. Equally important is the patient's expectations of the surgery. Is this the procedure that will give you what you are looking for?

Gregory Pisarski, MD, FACS

Too old for a quicklift?

I have learnt that one treats the face not the chronological age of the patient. If you are in good health there is no reason why age should be a barrier to cosmetic surgery. I have performed Quicklifts under pure local anaesthesia in patients in their 70's who have been turned down for surgery due to the general anaesthetic risk. They have had fantastic results. See an appropriately qualified surgeon that you trust and discuss your options. Good luck!

Dominic Bray, MBBS, FRCS
London Facial Plastic Surgeon

What Age is Appropriate for a Quicklift, LiteLift™, Facelift

What Age is Appropriate for a Quicklift, LiteLift™, Facelift -

Health and attitude are most important.

It is important to be realistic about the results but you will have great improvements that should make you happy.

The procedure can be done under local to decrease cardiac risks.

Physiological Age More Important than Chronological Age for Facelifting

The best candidates for Mini Lifts of all sorts including Quick lift, Lite Lift, MAC, Life Style lift and even traditional facelifts are those that are both healthy and have the right indications for the surgery. These are more important than a specific age.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Quicklift Mini Facelift

The ultimate answer is based on your expectations.  I have performed MiniLifts or Quicklifts on patients as old a 82 (this was a unique case based on the patient's skin).  It is generally more difficult to get a GREAT result when patients are older than 70, but this is where your in-person consultation can really help to explain the limitations of a Mini Facelift.

Sreekant Cherukuri, MD
Munster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Quicklift

The quick lift is one version of the facelift.  It depends on your surgeon, but this is typically a "mini" lift that is sometimes performed in the office with no general anesthesia. This makes it very appealing to some people.   Although you do have a significant amount of loose skin it appears that you have less fat under your chin and in your neck  then some heavier patients.

I agree that you may be a candidate for the procedure.  My advice is not to pick a procedure but rather find a surgeon whom you trust and whose before and after photos you admire.  Let them help determine which surgery is right for you taking into consideration your expectations, exam, overall health, etc.

Hope it helps!

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift quicklift cost

depending on the results that you are looking for a quick-lift or facelift might be suitable for you.  It would be best to have an in person consultation.  The cost is about $4500

Afshin Farzadmehr, MD

A Quicklift can help you even at 78

The Quicklift is a version of a SMAS plication facelift. Despite your age and skin looseness, a surgeon familiar with the Quicklift technique can use it to create significant, lasting improvement.

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon