Difference Between Quick Lift and Standard Lift?

It seems like some look worse under the eyes, some still have jowls, some even look better before? The only difference i see is the hanging turkey neck? What is the difference between quick lift and standard lift?

Quicklift

+2

There are as many different "lifts" as surgeons and patients. Just as MACS lift or SMAS lift or deep plane lift etc all refer to a baseline technique ,all are individualized to fit the needs of the patient if the doctor is experienced and well-trained. I have performed hundreds of Quicklifts and countless other iterations of the basic facelift that have been described or popularized over the last 30 years. All have great results and occasional bad and it falls on the surgeon's judgement to select what is best. This procedure addressses 3 of the most common concerns of patients considering facelift:1)"Iwant to look natural" 2)"I don't have 3 months to recover" and 3) "I can't afford an exorbitant fee." That being said, the proof is in the pudding. Check credentials and look at the surgeon's work.

Greenbrae Plastic Surgeon

Quicklift

+2

Beware of any surgical procedure promoted as quick and/or easy.  In my opinion, operating is never "easy" and I always take my time to get the best result possible in my hands.  Procedures advertised as having little down time often underdeliver or are just a bait and switch to get you into the office.  Face lift is probably the most individualized procedure I do.  In my opinion, there is not such thing as a standard face or a standard face lift.  Some patients need more, some need less and I always need a fair amount of time to do quality surgery!

Lisa Lynn Sowder, M.D.

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

The key with great facial surgery is customizing.

+2

Will a "quicklift" be right for you?  It depends on your issues.  However, it is my feeling that it is almost not worth having a facelift unless the neck is addressed.  Miniface lift techniques do not address the midline neck issues.  The dilemma with a quicklift is that due to its proprietary nature, if you see someone who offers this service, they usually do not perform a full range of facelifting procedures.  In my opinion, you are far better off seeing an established facelift surgeon who does not need to rely on major marketing to be successful in their facelift practice.  They may be more expensive than the "facelift shop" down the street but it is better to get the right facelift rather than a particular facelift.  In a small incision facelift is right for you, you can be sure that for an experienced facelift surgeon, this will be a considered option for addressing your facial aging.  There is much to be said for the so-called standard facelift.  What is standard about it is that a very experienced surgeon designs a surgery that is uniquely right for you.

Standard Facelift vs QuickLift

+2

Although there is really no such thing as a “Standard Lift,” what is generally meant is that the technique lifts the SMAS (the support layer of the face) and rotates it, then lays the skin back down, removing the excess. The QuickLift is a modification of the MACS Lift, a different concept that elevates only the skin (usually less than in the “Standard Facelift”) and tightens the SMAS with superficial sutures. I believe this technique is superior when used by a surgeon who is experienced and can modify the technique to meet your individual needs. It elevates the tissues of the face more naturally back to where they were originally and avoids several other problems of the previous procedures. The problem is that a great many of the physicians who use the QuickLift are not Plastic Surgeons, or even surgeons. They have just paid for one day’s training and to advertise this technique. Even with its problems, you are usually better off with a “Standard Facelift” than a QuickLift by someone who really does not understand facial rejuvenation.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Quick lift and comprehensive face lift

+1
A comprehensive lower face and neck lift takes approximately 3 hours to perform under general anesthesia, and is not quick by any means.  In our practice, the comprehensive facelift procedure involves tightening the SMAS and jowls, neck muscles in 3 locations, a platysma-plasty, removal of fat above and below the platysma muscle, and conservatively tightening excess neck and face skin. For many examples, please see the link below to our face lift photo Gallery

Disagree

+1

with many of the comments here.

Particularly "The dilemma with a quicklift is that due to its proprietary nature, if you see someone who offers this service, they usually do not perform a full range of facelifting procedures." from Dr Steinsapir.

The Quicklift is just another technique used in facelifting. I use it more often than not but not at the exclusion of all others. As a Quicklift surgeon I am not prevented from offering the full range of facelift surgery to my patients. I however CHOOSE it as my base procedure having tried most others. I find my patients prefer the shorter recovery time and I get a predictable long lasting result. 

The "branded" name Quicklift is often used pejoratively by surgeons who actually have no idea what the lift entails, they just lump it in with all "mini-facelifting" and dismiss it.

I have performed, and seen the results of deep plane, SMAS plication, SMAS imbrication and many other lifts. I prefer the risk profile and outcome of the Quicklift technique. 

I would imagine I were to call it a triple concentric SMAS plication facelift and platysmaplasty noone would question it!.

The best thing to do is find a surgeon you trust, who can show examples (even introduce you to former patients) and who is certified with their respective board.

Then it is down to mother nature!

Dominic Bray, MBBS, FRCS
London Facial Plastic Surgeon

Quick Lift vs LiteLift™ vs Standard or Traditional Facelift

+1

Quick Lift vs LiteLift™ vs Standard or Traditional Facelift -

These are all variations of facelifts that will mostly depend on the skill and experience of the surgeon.

The incision is shorter with a Quick Lift or LiteLift™.

The muscle and skin pull is more verticle.

Neither correct eyelids, all should correct jowels and most of the neck.

Gimicky Face Lift

+1

Beware of gimicks trying to take the place of surgical procedures. I frequently see patients who need revisions or see no change 6 months after spending the money on these procedures. I don't understand why they aren't outlawed and considered assault. To make any incision in a person for no other reason than taking money knowing that the result is substandard is a crime.

Jacob Freiman, MD, FACS
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

QuickLift Offers Lasting Results

+1

Unlike a "conventional” traditional facelift which often involves more extensive surgery and pulls more horizontally, the QuickLift is a more abbreviated facelift that addresses the mid to lower portion of the face as well as the upper neck by lifting the face in a more upward vector.  The QuickLift lifts the underlying musculature of the lower face the (SMAS).  By lifting the mid to lower portion of the face, fullness and volume is restored to the cheeks, the jawline is tightened, improving the appearance of sagging jowls and excessive skin under the chin (turkey neck).    One benefit of the QuickLift procedure is that it can be performed in about an hour or two using local anesthesia as opposed to more complex sedative anesthesia which increases patient risk and short term recovery.  In my experience, patients in general who choose the Quicklift find the surgery to be simpler and faster, and the recovery process to be easier compared to my traditional facelift surgery as there is typically less swelling and bruising and post recovery issues. 

However, as with any plastic surgery procedure, the QuickLift is not one size fits all. The patient’s physical characteristics, areas of concern and expectation play a major role in what selection of procedures that I might recommend. For example, if additional facial rejuvenation procedures are added, such as a brow lift, lower neck lift or cosmetic eyelid procedure, both the surgical time and recovery time will increase. However, as any qualified cosmetic plastic surgeon should tell you, it is the end result which is of prime importance while still addressing the core concerns and wishes of the patient.

Fernando Colon, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Quick lift, Lyfestyle lift, MACS lift, S Lift vs. SMAS Imbrication

+1

This is a great question. In my opinion, the SMAS Imbrication lift remains the gold standard in face lifting. All lifts are compared against this lift. Essentially the less invasive lifts involve less dissection prior to the lift. As a result, less swelling, bruising, and downtime may be possible. However, some patients may find that the results of these surgeries may not meet all of the patient goals. The best surgical approach is a very individual choice best made after consultation with a qualified plastic surgeon who specializes in this area. Best Regards, Dr. Todd Hobgood

Todd Christopher Hobgood, MD
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon