Leg Lipo Revision for Lumps? (photo)

I had lipo on my legs over 2 years ago. I had it on inner & outer thighs, knees, calves, Is there any hope for the deformaties? It is lumpy all over.

Liposuction Lumps following surgery.

+1

Thanks very much for your question.  I agree with previous answers that it's essential to actually examine and feel the area.  An examination is the only way to do this.  Some can likely be made better but all of the areas might not be amenable to surgery.  You will likely need to be seen by a local doctor to see if you are a candidate.

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Leg Lipo Revision for Lumps?

+1

Thanks for your question and for the photos. The photos are useful, but lipo deformities really need an in person evaluation to plan correction. 

The one area that I see that seems to have a margin for improvement is the contour defect in the third photo, which could be fat grafted.

Best bet is to see your surgeon and review your outcome. 

All the best. 

Contour irregularities after liposuction of the legs

+1

Since your are two years removed from original liposuction, you certainly can consider revision to improve on your existing conditions. Fro revision and correction of contour irregularities, it's important to have in person consultation so your surgeon can evaluate your legs thoroughly. Most of the time, revision can improve the deformities but may not completely make it disappear. Your surgeon should be able to give you an estimate of how much improvement can be expected and help you decide whether it's worthwhile to go through with the revision.

Best Wishes

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

#post-Liposuction defects

+1

defects and indentations are very common after liposuction especially on thighs and abdomen. 80% of my Liposuction cases are correction cases and it takes a few attempts to correct them to full extent. it may never look perfect but it can be made significantly better. chose your doctor wisely and make sure they are experienced in treating such cases. good luck! 

Misbah Khan, MD

Liposuction Acquired Deformity

+1

Based on the pictures you provided it does appear that you have an element of surface irregularities (shown in picture 3), however, it would be best diagnosed through a formal consultation. Although this is not common, it is one of the risks that having liposuction carries, and this should have been discussed with you prior to surgery.

Correction for these concavities would utilize micro fat grafting. If and when you decide to go ahead with surgery, look for a plastic surgeon who has ample experience with both micro fat grafting and correction of liposuction deformities.

I hope this helps you and good luck

Fadi Chahin MD, FACS
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

Diplomat, American Board of Surgery

Diplomat, American Board of Plastic Surgery

Fadi Chahin, MD, FACS

Lumps After Liposuction

+1

Your photos are from a difficult angle to fully evaluate the contour of your legs. In the photos it appears as if you have cellulite which may not improve with a revision. The 3rd photo does show a contour abnormality but it is hard to evaluate with the photo. It would be best for you to return to your surgeon for an examination. You could then develop a strategy to meet your expectations.

Lisa M. DiFrancesco, MD

Leg Liposuction Revision for Lumps

+1

The pictures would be more helpful if taken from a lower perspective.  I would say that the nature of your skin and quallity of the fat will limit any revision to some degree.  On pics 1, 2, and 4, I am not sure that I see anything to revise.  On pic 3 I do see the depression and this area could be fat grafted.  However, an exam would be mandatory to determine your needs and what would be realistic.    Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures every year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA