Can Latisse Induce Hair Growth on Surrounding Areas of Face?

I am currently on probably my third or fourth treatment of laser hair removal on my entire face. I have fairly dark extended side burns and some darker noticeable hair on my cheeks and under my eyes. To be honest I havent noticed a major difference yet but I am going to continue in the hopes of being hair free.

I have recently started researching latisse for lash growth, however I would not be interested in it if there is a chance that it could increase hair growth on close by areas.

Latisse can grow hair on the face

+1

Latisse can grow hair on the face, anywhere that there are hair follicles.  So if you are going to use Latisse, you need to be careful to use the applicator and apply it to just the upper lid so you don’t get the product dripping anywhere else.  The Latisse product should be applied with just one drop to the applicator and then applied to the lid margin before bed.  This minimizes the Latisse going to other places on the face.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Latisse and hair growth...

+1

Yes, it is possible.  If any excess solution gets anywhere other than the root of the lash on the upper eyelid, hair can grow in the other places.

Dr. Grant Stevens    

Grant Stevens, MD

Hair growth related to Latisse

+1

Unfortunately, too much of a good thing may result in an unattended outcome.  We have seen this first hand with a handful of patients that used too much Latisse which caused the product to make contact with the skin under the eyes and to the corners of the eyes.  The discoloration and fine, vellus hairs that developed were clearly linked to Latisse use.  Many females have used the product off-label to enhance eyebrow growth. 

If Latisse is used properly as outlined by the manufacturer, these unintended outcomes are easily avoided.  With regards to laser hair removal to the face while using Latisse to the upper eyelid - there should be no connection between lasers and Latisse.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Latisse Should be Applied Carefully to the Base of the Eyelash Hair Follicles

+1

Latisse is a prescription-only medication and is the only solution that has been proven to stimulate the growth of eyelashes. Latisse is applied daily with a disposable brush which is included with product. Latisse is gently applied along the base of the upper eyelashes. When it is properly applied, Latisse should not have any effect on hair growth in other areas. Therefore, Latisse is safe to use while you are having Laser hair removal as long as you use it as directed, applying it to the eyelash hairs in small quantities so it is not wasted and therefore having its effect only where it is intended.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Unwante hair growth with latisse

+1

Absolutley. If the material is not applied carefully applied, excess dripping down the cheek can increase the groeth of the peach fuzz many of us have.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD