Can Use of Latisse Affect Upper Eyelid Surgery Results

I had upper eyelid surgery a year ago. I have been using Latisse for four months and have gotten great results. My only concern is can the use of Latisse over the long term in any way affect the results of my upper eyelid surgery by making my eyelids sag again or by affecting my eyelid skin? Can Latisse make the eyelids droop? Thank you.

Latisse is safe after blepharoplasty

+1

Dear Latisse user,

Latisse has a long track record of use and is relatively safe.  It increases the length of time before eyelashes fall out, allowing them to get longer, thicker, and darker.  It can cause a little darkening of the skin at the lash line which is thought to mostly be reversible if the medication is stopped.  It does not have other side effects on the eyelids, therefore, it will not affect the results of the eyelid lift. 

Irvine Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can Latisse be used after eyelid surgery?

+1

As the panel members indicated, there is no reason for concern short or long-term in using Latisse following an upper lid blepharoplasty. 

This is a nice product to complement your surgery outcomes.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

You'll only look better!

+1
Using Latisse after your bleph will not cause any extraneous issues. Your new longer lashes will only improve your post-operative appearance. Jasmine Mohadjer MD Oculoplastic Surgeon Tampa Bay, FL

Jasmine Mohadjer, MD
Clearwater Oculoplastic Surgeon

Latisse will not make eyelids droop after upper eyelid surgery

+1

Latisse will not cause the upper eyelid to drrop after your upper eyelid surgery.  During the upper Blepharoplasty excess skin was no doubt removed which will not come back from longer, fuller eyelashes as a result of using Latiesse.

Latisse Can Be Used Safely After Eyelid Surgery

+1

Latisse is indicated for the treatment of hypotrichosis, having inadequate lashes. Latisse has been shown to make eyelashes longer, thicker, and darker. Latisse will not affect the results of your eyelid surgery. But I’ll bet Latisse has made your eyes look even better by improving your lashes.

Kenneth Dembny, II, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Latisse is Safe After Eyelid Surgery

+1

Fortunately Latisse will have no adverse effects that would change the results of your eyelid surgery. Latisse is applied only to the base of the eyelash hairs and will increase the amount of time each eyelash hair remains in the growing phase. The application of Latisse has also been scientifically proven to increase the thickness of eyelash hair as well as the darkness of each hair. This is most likely due to an increased production of pigment within each hair follicle. Typically, within 4 months of application, Latisse can increase the length, thickness, and darkness of eyelashes and improve all the traits that are associated with greater prominence and overall attractiveness of the eyelashes.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

There is just no reason to believe this is an issue.

+1

Apple

The Latisse has an established track record for safety.  There is absolutely no reason for you to be concerned that it will undo the effects of your recent eyelid surgery.

Latisse after Blepharoplasty

+1

Apple123,

Latisse is a medication that has been prescribed for years as an eyedrop to treat glaucoma.  Latisse will not have any adverse effect on the outcome of your eyelid surgery.

Michael McCracken, MD
Lone Tree Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid surgery and Latisse

+1

After upper lid blepharoplasty, many of our patients use Latisse without problems, and the medication will not cause the lid to become lax again.

peterejohnsonmd