Will Latanoprost Work the Same As Bimatoprost and Give Longer Thicker Eyelashes?

Lumigan is the same as Latisse, but would other similar medications work the same as Lumigan such as latanoprost?

Latisse is the Only Approved Medication for Growing Eyelashes

+1

Latisse is the only FDA approved treatment for growing eyelashes. It makes the most sense to use Latisse, not Latanoprost, as that is the product that was intended for this use. You can also take advantage of a special promotion currently being offered by Allergan, the makers of Latisse, to get a $40 rebate with the purchase of each bottle of Latisse by sending them your paid receipt along with a short form that you can download from their web site.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Eyelash growth

+1

Latisse is FDA approved and from my patient's experience, it really works. I would stick with that product at this time.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Latisse is the best for lash growth.

+1

Latisse is the only FDA approved medication for eyelash growth.  You are correct that Lumigan is the same medication as Latisse (Bimatoprost).  Latanoprost (a relative of Lumigan and Latisse) will also result in eyelash growth however it is not as effective in creating lash growth as Bimatoprost.

Marc Cohen, MD
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon