How many laser sessions will it take to make this tattoo light enough for cover up? (photo)

I got this tattoo6x2 about 2 weeks ago. The artist did a bad job. What was supposed to be a happy experience ended up being a disappointment! I was lucky to find a reputable artist for cover up job but he told me I have to lighten it up first. The tat is on my rib. It's in black ink. How long do I have to wait to do a laser treatment and how many sessions do I need to make it light? I have fair skin. Thank you so much for your help!

Tattoo Removal

+2

SInce your tattoo is all black and one color, this should lighten fairly easily. You should see improvements even after the first treatment. I am sorry that you don't like the tattoo but the good news is that there are new treatments and lasers which make this easier to remove.

Tattoo lightening

+1

You should expect good results if seen by a experienced provider using a quality Q-switched laser.  You may begin treatments as soon as the site is completely healed but an accurate estimate of the number of treatment sessions required can only be given after an examination and further history obtained by your provider.

Kind Regards,

Jacque P. LeBeau, MD
Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tattoo

+1

Given its color it should lighten fairly easily but it would be hard to tell you exactly how many treatments would be required. But it should do well

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon