Scar Treatment: Is Laser the Best Option?

I had a fibrous popule removed from my nose 6 months ago. It has healed over but there is now a scar on the side of my nose that is red\dark. I am looking into some type of laser to reduce the redness and darkness.

Any help you can provide into what I should be looking for and what I should expect both good and bad would be extremely helpful. Thank you!

Color change following lesion removal

+1

It is common to have some discoloration after the removal of a mole or fibrous papule on the face.  Typically, this improves over a year.  It is very important to minimize sun exposure in this area as UV exposure can worsen the discoloration.  I suggest seeing a board certified dermatologist to evaluate the biopsy site.

Houston Dermatologist