How Do I Know if I Have Scar Tissue?

I has laser lipo on my stomach back in may 2010. My stomach now looks like cottage cheese. I have started a zerona treatment to see if if will help even things out. The new Dr. I am seeing said he thinks the zerona will work really well if its high and low spots of fat and not scar tissue. That if its scar tissue the zerona will not work. MY stomach is very soft, no hard spots or pain just the cottage cheese looking lumps. How do I know if its scar tissue and does it look like the zerona will do

Laser Liposuction

+1

The formation of scar tissue is common after liposuction as this is how we heal.  This will vary with the amount of liposuction performed, the percent of fat removed, and technique involved.  The dimpling is from an uneven removal and or aggressive removal.  Also this could just be how you healed.  Fat cells are not all the same size, and they heal in various sizes.  The Zerona has failed to impress me, and yes we have one.  Some people seem to get a benefit, but the percent is low so a recommendation is not warranted.  You might try having cellulite treatments with Velashape, Smoothshape, or Endymed.;  We have found these to work very well after lipo in improving the appearance of the skin texture.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Lumpiness after liposuction

+1

If there are some areas, as it appears, of undercorrected fat, they may require different treatment than if the lumps were areas of inflammation and swelling.  As there has been considerable time since your liposuction, one can imagine that the elevations are fat areas that haven't been reduced as much as the other areas.  You would need an examination to determine if there are indentations from overresection as well.  If you've more liposuction since the first one attempting to improve the areas, then you might have had too much surgery and the risks might increase with each additional treatment, so a full history must be taken.

Ronald Shelton, MD

How Do I Know if I Have Scar Tissue?

+1

Zerona is a waste of time and $'s, no way will it improve your situation. Except lighten your wallet. 

Lipo question

+1

I think I just answered this in another forum, but it looks like you m ay have been over treated in some areas. But you need to give it time to heal.