Had Laser Done 5 Days Ago, is Yellow Bruising and Slight Swelling Normal?

The doctor had to numb my face just below my eyes to do the procedure because of my tolerance to pain. The left side has gotten the bruise over the last two days and now swelling seems worse with discomfort/slight pain. It is Saturday, should I go to the doctor Monday or emergency room tommorrow? The right side is fine. Please advise.

Laser Treatment Side Effects

+1

Thank you for your question. Bruising and swelling are all very common side effects to laser treatments.  This all should go away over the next 10 days to 2 weeks.  See your doctor if you notice the swelling getting worse or there are other symptoms such as inability to open your eye or increased pain.  Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with expertise in laser procedures for the most effective and safe treatments. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.