What Are the Side Effects of Laser Breast Enhancement?

Laser breast enhancement: whoever performs this should be run out of town!

+2

Do you really believe laser light can enhance your breasts? Does the seller of this really tell you about it with a straight face, or did you just "read about it" somewhere?

Laser light has many uses in medicine and surgery, but lasers powerful enough to make changes in tissue will not "enhance" breasts in ANY way! Does "enhance" mean "make larger" or "make tighter and more perky?"

There is no laser, laser surgeon, or laser technique in existence that can enlarge breasts or lift breasts without plastic surgery.

Sure, we can use powerful CO2 and Erbium-YAG lasers to remove the top layers of (facial) skin and improve sun damage, wrinkles, and discolorations. We have lasers that can seal blood vessels and lighten pigmented areas, treating birthmarks or sunspots on our skin. We have lasers powerful enought to cut and vaporize tissue.

Used on the breasts, these lasers would only leave serious damage, scars, and no improvement in size, shape, or position of your breasts. By the way, lasers can be used as part of "standard" plastic surgical procedures on the breasts, but the "laser bra" lift only uses a laser to do what is easily done without a laser--what the laser provides in this case is a marketing tool, but no real advantage over "normal" techniques.

That leaves only "low-level" lasers, much like shining a laser pointer on your skin (or in the commercial versions, lots of tiny lasers in a bra-like device or machine.) I can only imagine how this device must blink, flash, and look oh-so-sophisticated to impress and deceive the "mark." High-tech swindling, indeed!

Just say NO, and see an experienced, board-certified (American Board of Plastic Surgery) plastic surgeon. There is no magic breast enhancement laser, and if you really believe there is, let me show you the Emperor's new clothes! I'll bet your breasts would look fabulous in them.

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Laser Breast Enhancement! Also, Bridge For Sale, Cheap Cheap Cheap!

+2

There is no such thing as Laser Breast Enhancement.  Repeat after me: There is no such thing as Laser Breast Enhancement.  Hopefully, that clears it up.

Claudio DeLorenzi, MD

There is no laser breast enhancement

+2

No FDA approved lasers are used to enlarge the breasts.

You may have heard of the 'laser breast lift' or "laser bra'.

In this procedure, developed by dr. Stevens in los Angeles, the laser is used during surgery to tighten the tissues to help lift the breast. The laser is used as an adjunct to surgery biut it is still a surgical procedure

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Don't know what you're talking about

+2

To my knowledge, there isn't anything called laser breast enhancement or laser breast augmentation.  Dr. Grant Stevens in L.A. has promoted a "laser Bra" breast lift but that's as close as I can think of here.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Laser breast surgery ????****????

+2

Where did you read about this? I didn't know it even existed. There is one surgeon who promotes the concept of the laser breast lift. This essentially uses a laser to subsititute for a portion of the procedure. Can you forward any references?

Laser Surgery

+1

Laser breast enhancement sounds like a marketing name. The proven way to enhance your breasts is by augmentation and or a mastopexy/lift or a reduction.  Saline or silicone is the implant of choice.  See your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a consult on these options.  The use of a laser for breast enhancement has questions of merit and justification for a procedure which has a long history of success and satisfaction.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

We are not aware of Laser Breast Enhancement

+1

We are not aware of any procedure that uses lasers for breast enhancement. We are aware of lasers that are marketed for other procedures such as pain management and hair growth that we also view as questionable. We would put this in the "questionable" category and stay away from any physician offering to perform breast enhancement with lasers.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

To my knowledge, there is no laser breast enhancment procedure

+1

To my knowledge, there is no laser breast enhancment procedure. Lasers are used by very few plastic surgeons to de-epithelialize or peel the top layers of skin off during a breast reduction or breast lift. This is usually accomplished with a scalpel, however, there may be marketing benefits to use the word 'laser' with a procedure. I am not aware of lasers used for augmentation procedures alone.

Sanjay Grover, MD