Procedure to Make Nipples Smaller and More Symmetrical?

I have larger nipples. Is there a procedure to make them smaller and more uniform in shape?

Reducing the size of nipples and areolae

+2

If you are asking about reducing the area of the areola, this is a fairly straightforward and common procedure. It involves removal of the excess pigmented skin followed by a repair of the defect. It does, however it does leave a scar around the margin of the areola and will sometimes cause a flattening of the breast in this area. If you are asking about reducing the actual nipple, there are also a number of options and procedure available for this purpose. This is some risk of injury to the ducts that can then affect drainage. This can lead to mastitis and inflammation or infections of the breast.

I hope this is helpful to you. Best wishes and good luck on achieving your goals.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Nipple reduction

+1

Yes it is possible to have your nipple size reduced. There are a variety of techniques that can be used to achieve this objective. I like to use the “sleeve” technique, which leaves the core of the nipple intact thereby improving the chances of preservation of nipple sensation and ability to breast-feed.

Generally, the incisions–scars that result from this procedure heal nicely.

As always, it is your best interest to seek consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon well-trained–experienced in this area. Best wishes.

Making nipples smaller and more even

+1

Patients have many different options and changing the shape and size of the nipples. The most important first step is to be evaluated by board-certified plastic surgeon with a great deal of experience in breast surgery. Remember that when you change the shape or size of your nipples it will change the overall balance of your breast appearance. You must receive an evaluation by plastic surgeon who can determine if you only need to modify the nipples or if you would benefit from a small breast lift at the same time to help balance your breast.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Nipphle or areola

+1

If you are talking about the darker skin around your nipple, called the areola, it is a rellatively straight forward procedure to make the circumference smaller and more uniform. The nipple itself can be altered on occasion so it depends on what you are trying to achieve. Make an appointment with a board-certified plastic surgeon to get the best answers to your questions. I hope this helps.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS