How Can Extra Large Nipples Be Corrected?

I have large (D cup) breasts that I think look great, but my nipples are larger than average. What is the procedure that can correct this condition?

Nipple and Areola Reduction

+1

If you are asking about reducing your areolas, meaning the circle of darker skin surrounding your nipples, this is accomplished by removing a ring of skin on the outer edge of the areola and suturing the incisions with permanent stitches.  This procedure is often performed as part of breast reduction or breast lift surgery, but it can be done as a standalone surgery.

If you want to reduce just the size of your nipples, this is a straightforward procedure.  A qualified plastic surgeon can reduce the diameter, the projection or both.  Schedule a consultation with a doctor who performs nipple surgery and be sure to view some before and after photos to see that the results look natural.

Elliot Jacobs, M.D.

Nipple reduction surgery

+1

Nipple reduction is an  excellent procedure for the patient suffering from prominent  nipples. This procedure can reduce the height and width of the nipple, usually preserving sensation. It can be done under local anesthesia or in combination with other procedures (under general anesthesia).

I like to use the “sleeve” technique to reduce the height of the nipple. This procedure leaves the core of the nipple intact preserving nerves and lactiferous ducts.  The  suture line  generally heals  very nicely in this area. The width of the nipple can be reduced by removing a triangular segment from the tip area.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_inverted_nipple.htm

Correction of overly large nipples is possible

+1

There are a variety of procedures for the correction of overly large or projecting nipples.  

Most of these techniques can be done under local anesthesia.

Seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who will examine you and discuss which option is best for you.

Nipple Reduction for Very Large Nipples

+1

NIpple reduction is a common operation and can be done as a solo procedure in the office with just local anesthesia, or can be part of another breast enhancement.

Both the diameter and length (projection) can be reduced, to fit the aesthetics of your breast. The surgery can interfere with breast feeding, so is often delayed until after having children. Because other procedures like, breast augmentation, breast lift or breast reduction, are also more common after having children, the nipple reduction may be performed while under anesthesia for these other procedures.

Below is a link to my blog showing nipple reduction, in conjunction with a breast augmentation revision. Thanks for you question.

Web reference: http://www.sanfranciscoplasticsurgeryblog.com/breast-augmentation-revision-surgery/

Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

Nipple reduction surgery

+1

Nipple reduction surgery is a relatively simple operation that can be done with local anesthesia.  The nipple diameter or projection can both be modified.  The scar is generally confined to the nipple and heals well.  There is a risk of loss of nipple sensation with any of these procedures.

Web reference: http://www.yorkyates.com/utah/breast/nipple-reduction-surgery/

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Extra large nipples can be reduced thru nipple correction under Local anesthetics

+1

This operation nipple reduction is performed under local anesthetic and either the height or diameter of the nipples or both can be removed in this procedure.

The procedure is relatively quick and simple and I tend to use disposable stitches which will not need to be removed.

London Plastic Surgeon

Nipple reduction procedures are available

+1

Women with nipples that protrude excessively can have them reduced under local anesthesia in the office.  There is minimal recovery involved, and you can drive yourself home.

If you are referring to your areola (the colored skin around the nipple), that can also be reduced.  That procedure may be done under local anesthesia in the office or it may need to be done in the OR under sedation or general anesthesia.

Enlarged nipples

+1

If you are complaining of large nipples, sometimes a simple procedure to reduce them surgically can be performed.

Many great ways to reduce nipple size

+1

Large, sagging nipples are a very common problem that I see in my practice. Correction of this deformity can be done in one of many ways. The technique used truly depends upon each individual's nipple anatomy. This is something that can be done as a stand-alone procedure, or in conjunction with breast augmentation.

Many options in nipple reduction surgery

+1

There are many different options for nipple reduction surgery. This procedure may be performed under local anesthesia as an outpatient. The techniques we use in our office avoid cutting or transacting the nerves to help you retain the all-important sensitivity of the nipples. We also preserve the ducts of the nipple to prevent any collection or infection within the duct system. Scars are not noticeable at as the skin of the nipple  heals extremely well