Large lump inside my mouth a bit below my lip after restylane injection?

I had restylane injected into my lips 2 and1/2 days ago. The swelling has reduced significantly however, I have this huge lump on the inside of my lip/mouth on the bottom left side. One right in the corner and the other next to it that's maybe 1/2 an inch long and is a bit below my lip. It doesn't hurt but why is it there and should I contact my Dr.?

Lump After Restylane Injection

+1

Thank you for your question. You should have them have a look at it and determine if it is product or a little bruise. When injecting into a muscle, the product is often prone to get the path of least resistance, and shoot off to the side. This just needs to be massaged back into place. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Lump After Restylane

+1

As an injectable expert, I commonly see patients who experience some swelling and lumps the first few days after injection; however, it is hard to assess without a photo or in-person consultation. If the bump does not resolve within one to two weeks and you are still concerned, I suggest you visit your treating physician for a follow up. The lump probably represents some Restylane that has migrated away from the injected area. If this is so, it can be easily and painlessly dissolved.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Bump after filler injections.

+1

After fillers to the lips, you may find some minor swelling and irregularities which need time to settle. Allow at least 2 weeks, then if it is still present, you can consult with your board certified plastic surgeon and discuss correction.

Remember, all these products are temporary, so it will eventually go away.

Good luck.

Kenneth Bermudez, MD

Restylane bump

+1

The restylane may have been injected close enough to the oral mucosa to create the bump that you are feeling. It is not harmful and will resolve with time. Make sure you are seeing a board certified cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon who knows exactly where to place the product so this doesn't happen again.

I hope this helps you!

Laura Skellchock, MD
Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

Swelling and small bumps are quite common after injectables, give the area a full two weeks heal and settle before seeing your final result. You can schedule a follow-up appointment with your medical provider to further assist you