How painful is Restalyne for under eye treatment or tear throughs?

I had a Mesoglow facial about two months ago, it was soooo painful I know I would never want to go through that again. They used numbing cream, I took Tylenol beforehand and used ice and gels and stuff to get the swelling down as I looked like a monster but that was to be expected I guess. Restalyne looks quite deep and painful...

Minimal pain with Restylane

+1
Restylane is a great filler for tear troughs.  Belotero is also an excellent choice.  Both are injected using a very very small needle, and usually the area is injected only 2-3 times (each tear trough).  Additionally, we always use a numbing cream on the areas prior to injection as well as ice.  Some patients can hardly feel a thing when we do these injections.  Typically fillers in this area are less painful than a full face procedure like a chemical peel or laser treatment. 
I recommend that you consult with an experienced board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon in your area for the best and most comfortable results.

Seattle Dermatologist

How painful is treatment with Restylane for the tear trough?

+1

The discomfort experienced from injecting Restylane in the tear trough is minimal. Your physician may use numbing cream prior to performing the injections. This can help with any associated discomfort. I would recommend seeking the advice of an experienced facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon, or dermatologist if you wish to have Restylane injected in the tear trough. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Restylane is not painful

+1

Restylane is an excellent filler for tear trough contouring. When injected with a cannula, the treatment is virtually painless and the risk of bruising is minimal.

Good luck!

Daniel Levy, MD
Bellevue Dermatologic Surgeon

It i not painful

+1

you are being stuck by a very tiny needle. almost everyone tolerates it very well. however if you are nervous, use a numbing cream (applied 45 minutes before you appt). bruising can occur and that is not a reflection on your doctor.

you should be pleased with the results of your filler.

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

+1

Pain tolerance is very different between each individual but we do apply a numbing cream to the tear troughs to make sure you're comfortable and at ease. Pain is very minimal but this is a common area patients tend to bruise do to thin skin around the eyes.

Eyelid filler injection is not painful !

+1

Filler injection under eyes is not painful, even though it can cause bruising. It is the same reason why recovery from any eyelid surgery is not painful, even though it causes significant bruising.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Is Restylane in tear troughs painful

+1

Amazing as it might seem, the tear troughs are one of the least painful places to inject fillers. Even my most sensitive patients do not flinch when this area injected. I use numbing cream and can say from personal experience that when I inject myself I barely feel it. Patients are pleasantly surprised. There is a good risk of bruising here.

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

How painful is Restylane to the tear troughs

+1

This is a bit hard to quantify because every patient's pain tolerance is very different. Personally, in my office I inject all patients with a lidocaine with epi block before doing fillers - it helps with pain, and also cuts down on swelling and bruising because it restricts capillaries during injection. Additionally, Restylane also comes with lidocaine mixed into it now to help with pain. Afterwards patients can experience some tenderness, swelling, and bruising, but that should resolve. If you seek an expert injector it should help tremendously.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD