How Many Kenalog Injections Are Ideal After Rhinoplasty?

I had my first rhinoplasty last year and the doctor gave me a kenalog injection a week post-op and another 5 months later, but scar tissue started to form 2-3 months post-op. I had a revision last week to have scar tissue removed and my doctor just gave me an injection. Should I ask for another injection? I want to do anything I can to prevent excess scar tissue from forming again. How many injections do doctors that use kenalog usually give their patients after surgery and when?

Kenalog injections after rhinoplasty

Hi,

There is no standard number of Kenalog injections that one should have following surgery. It really depends on how your body responds to the injections. Most surgeons use as many injections as is necessary to achieve an adequate result or until there is no further progress.  This could be just one injection or several injections. Most surgeons space the injections over the course of several weeks (4-6 weeks) in between injections. Good luck with your healing.

Dr.Sunder