How Flexible is the Cartilage in the Tip of the Nose Post-rhinoplasty?

i had my septo-rhinoplasty done 9 months ago (tip still swollen). My surgeon raised my tip and made it smaller + took down the bump on the bridge + made nostrils smaller. I'm SO happy with the outcome. But yesterday i was lying down at picnic and someone literally PUSHED IN the tip of my nose. I screamed in pain. 2 mins later i was fine. It looks the same (i think). But just realised if i lightly tap it its still sensitive. I'm so scared. Have i ruined it? How likely is the cartilage to damage?

Rhinoplasty

+1

If you are nine months out from a rhinoplasty, by this point everything should be pretty much healed except perhaps for some residual swelling and firmness.  More than likely nothing bad happened from this blow, but if you are concerned, than you shoudl check with your doctor.

At 9 months post Rhinoplasty small bumps should be ok

+1

At 9 months after your Rhinoplasty, things should be very stable and small bumps, although uncomfortable, should not break or cause injury to your nose.  If you continue to feel pain, see swelling or bleeding...it's always best to call and see your Rhinoplasty surgeon to check things out.

Cartilage in tip

+1

After nine months you should be ok. If there is no visible deformity then it's unlikely you did any damage. Expect sensitivity in the tip after a trauma like you described. your nose may be sensitive to manipulation even up to 18 months postop.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Trauma after Rhinoplasty

+1

If you are nine months out from tip rhinoplasty, I don't think that such changes will have any long term afffect on your nose.  Several good signs are that your nose didn't change in appearance, your pain results, no bleeding after the trauma.  Sounds to me that there will be no long term affects.

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

+1

After 9 months the tip should be pretty solid, although you may still have some swelling. If things look the same chances are nothing happened to it.

Michel SIegel, MD

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip strenght after rhinoplasty

+1

I doubt that you did any real harm. Your tip should be well healed by now. Of course anything is possible but, it more likely that just streched some scar tissue

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

+1

At 9 months after a nose job or rhinoplasty you probably haven't done much damage to the tip of your nose.  The cartilages are pliable and can absorb shock.  If it looks the same then you're most likely fine, but consult with your surgeon if you have any doubts.

Ramtin Kassir, MD

Ramtin Kassir, MD
Wayne Facial Plastic Surgeon