Is It OK to Use Expired Juvederm?

If my juviderm has an expired date that has allready passed but has not been opened. Can it still be used??

There’s an expiration date on Juvederm for a reason

+1

There’s an expiration date on Juvederm for a reason. I would never recommend ignoring an expiration date on anything.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Expired Juvederm

+1

I will not recommend to any patient to use expired Juvederm. This is not safe and it decreases the standard of care for patients.

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do not use expired Juvederm

+1

The manufacturers of fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane guarantee the quality and sterility of the products up until the expiration date.  You should not use the product once that date has past.

Joshua Zeichner, MD

Expired Juvederm

+1

Though I feel there is no risk, by rule from the company and the FDA I would NOT recommend use for any reason. It is a " what if" issue. What if you have a reaction you and the injecting doctor have broken federal, state, ethical rules. Be careful out there.

From MIAMI DR. B

Expired fillers

+1

Using expired fillers is not recommended by the companies.  Use product  for inejction that has not expired.

Avoid expired products

+1

There is no reason to use an expired product such as Juvederm or Restylane. You are having an elective cosmetic procedure, why should you use a product that the company won't stand behind any longer? Have your physician use a filler that is not expired.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Expired Juvederm should not be used

+1

I would not recommend any expired Juvederm. The expiration date is there for a reason and any use afterwards should not be considered.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Using Expired Juvederm

+1

If the Juvederm expired a week earlier you MAY be safe but on principal, I would not recommend the use of any expired medication, including Juvederm. WHY would you pay for or accept the use of any expired medicines?