Does Juvederm VOLUMA Promote Collagen Production?

A week ago I had Juvederm Voluma injected in each cheek - 2 syringes each. After a few days they look rather deflated and not as good as they did intiially. I was told I would notice this after a week or 2 and may be disappointed for a short time, but then after a couple of weeks the product would be gradually promoting collagen production and it would look better after a little time. I haven't been able to find any other comments relating to this - can someone clarify/support this claim?

Juvederm Voluma

Voluma is still not available in the US, but it is a hyaluronic.  Hyaluronics are fillers at heart, and not really classified as collagen stimulators like Radiesse, Sculptra and Artefill.  I think you experienced the post injection swelling at first and at a week out you are seeing the true amount of volume created with your first session.  Some of my colleagues who rely mostly on hyaluronics for all areas of facial filler state they feel there may be subtle collagen stimulation over time with repeat injections of the same product in the same location.  Their argument is they do not seem to need as much filler and the time intervals between injections seem to lengthen.  Each filler and collagen stimulator has its place on the face.  One product will not do it all.

Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon