One Lumpy Cheek after Juvaderm Voluma

i have feeling it was my docs first time using voluma as here everyone uses ultra 4... Anyways first time she inserted a thinner needle(canule) and was pushing like a mad woman..my left cheek seems to hurt more it is also lumpy and seems strange ..my right cheek is perfect ,,does not hurt and did not during the proceedure unlike my left one..should i have patience and wait a few days? should i massage it?

One Lumpy Cheek After Juvederm Voluma…What to Do?

+1
Hi C,

This question is very similar to your previous question.  I will repeat my answer to that question.

As with any aesthetic treatment it is essential to choose your injecting physician most carefully, one with skill and experience. As a trained Master Voluma injector, we have been trained to place Voluma in the proper places for natural beautiful results in our patients. Patients having facial volume replacement should trust their face to physicians who perform an in depth facial analysis, followed by a plan for revolumization, and then skillful placement of Voluma with an artistic vision. Without artistic vision, there can be technical success, yet aesthetic failure…which seems to have occurred to you. Without seeing you, it is difficult to say whether your best course at this time is to dissolve the Voluma that is in excess, or add more filler to bring your face back to symmetry. Usually we prefer to maintain volume in the face. It is best to wait for at least 7 to 14 days for all swelling and bruising to resolve prior to further treatment. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Voluma reaction

+1
Voluma is a hyaluronic acid filler, just like Restylane® or Juvederm®, but special in that it has more memory, it holds its shape better, and lasts longer, but in a special place, the malar cheeks. But like all injectable fillers it still needs to be injected, and when ever you inject, whatever the choice of filler, there is that small but possible risk of bacteria and infection. Ask your doctor about the possibility of infection and whether you should consider a course of antibiotics. I would still encourage gentle message and “baby bottle warm” wet compresses to help reduce swelling and speed up healing as well.

Web reference: http://www.keylaserinstitute.com/procedures/injectables.cfm

Portland Dermatologic Surgeon

Juveaderm

+1

follow the dr instructions, if u did not get any call and get them asap.

go to the mfg web site also for instructions after service

Maui Dermatologic Surgeon

Filler in cheeks

+1

Fillers in cheeks can be a great adjunct to facial rejuvenation. I often massage the area after treatment to blend in the product.  If you feel lumps, you should talk to your treating physician.

Juvederm Voluma For Cheeks

+1

Having injected Voluma numerous times, I have been very impressed with this products ability to fill cheeks. Voluma is a much more robust filler wih a greater longevity compared to some of the other products out there. This filler is often injected deeper than other products as well, and can sometimes look a bit lumpy at first. This typically settles down after a week or so. However, if you feel you are. It getting the results you expected, I would definitely call your physician before doing anything on your own. They may ask you to come in for a quick evaluation or you might require a touch up. 

Austin Dermatologic Surgeon