How Many Areas Can a Full Juvederm Syringe Cover?

How far does a full syringe of Juvederm go? Would I have enough for my smile lines, top and bottom lip, and the crease in my chin?

How far dioes 1 cc of Juvederm last?

+2
 For adequate correction of the nasal labial folds, it will take one full cc of Jupiter. Upper and lower lips will also require another cc of product.

Juvederm syringes contain 0.8cc - usually patients need two or more.

+2

The actual amount of Juvederm in a syringe is 0.8cc - that's about enough to make a significant different in one laugh line, or a moderate difference for both. To stretch it out and do the upper and bottom lip, plus the chin crease, would be tough, but possible. If you did this, you would be very unlikely to see a significant difference after your treatment except for your lips.

If I were you, just to be safe, I would do two syringes and make sure that the treatment you're undergoing will lead to results you will be happy with in all these areas.

Hope this helps!

Don Mehrabi, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Number of Areas a Juvederm Syringe Can Treat

+1

How far a syringe “goes” depends on the area requiring correction as well as the patient's individual aging process. If one syringe is used to treat multiple areas you may find that you do not get your desired level of correction and that the results do not last as long as they should. If you are expecting subtle results one syringe of filler could reasonably be used for the areas you are describing.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Juvederm coverage

+1

That is really depended on the area that the injections are to be done and the depth of your lines.  We typically get 1 to 2 areas covered with a full syringe of Juvedrem (now 1.0 cc) but it may be sufficient for you to do the smile lines, top and bottom lip, and crease of the chin.  It is possible to do an additional smaller syringe (0.5 cc) of Juvederm or Restylane to get better coverage.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

How much can one syringe of Juvederm cover?

+1

Hi,

This is really dependent on both how deep your lines are, how much correction you want to achieve, and how many areas you want to improve.  I usually say for patients with lines above and below the lips, and for moderate lip augmentation, one syringe should be enough.  It is always best to start out with less and do more later if you want to!

Dr. Liu

Grace Liu, MD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

It depends on how deep your lines are

+1

If your lines are fine and not deep, yes. If you have moderate smile folds then possibly not. A common reason for disappointment in fillers is that the physician and patient were concerned of cost and not enough volume was used. Incomplete correction does not serve you well. Ask your physician who examines you how many syringes you will need and then make your decision to have it done.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Juvederm Injection Amount

+1

It really depends on how much correction your need and the area to be injected.  Usually for the laugh lines you will need 2 syringes.  I feel that Restylane goes a bit longer since it has 1.0 cc and it is usually overfilled to 1.2 cc.

Hope that answers your question.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Juvederm, How Many Areas Can Be Treated With One Syringe?

+1

Hi Aussie,

The amount used is dependent on the individual patient and the depth of their lines/folds, and the amount of volume loss that needs to be replaced.

Given the multiple areas that you are concerned with, you may need at least 2 syringes to start with. What you do not want to do is to under treat or under correct with say one syringe, trying to spread the Juviderm. When that is done, most patients do not notice much of an improvement, are dissatisfied ("it didn't work"), and feel that they have wasted their money on the one syringe.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Juvederm Syringe and extent of Filler

+1
Each syringe of Juvederm has 0.8cc in it which is approximately a little more than a teaspoon of product.  To have all of those areas would probably take two syringes.  The only way to get a true estimation is through an in person consultation.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with cosmetic injections for the best results.

Michele S. Green, MD

How much Juvederm to use

+1

One syringe of Juvederm is not very much, but it may be enough for you.  Everyone needs a different amount of filler.  Since Juvederm lasts around 12 months, you can layer Juvederm on top of Juvederm if you feel a need for more.  I usually start with a conservative amount, because I know I can always add more later.  If one syringe gives you the correction, then you have saved yourself some $$!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon