What Facial Areas Does Juvederm Treat?

I am thinking of having Juverderm fillers. What areas of the face does it treat?

Juvederm for filling facial wrinkles

Juvederm is FDA approved for placement in the nasolabial folds, which are the "parentheses lines" which extend from the outer edge of the nostrils to the corners of the mouth. This is the most common area for treatment but there are several other areas where the product works beautifully. These other areas are considered "off-label" but are perfectly safe to be treated in the hands of skilled and well-trained injectors. The other areas I commonly treat in my practice are the marionette lines (below the corners of the mouth), the lips, the cheeks, the nose, and along the jawline. Under the eyes, my personal preference is to use Restylane, another hyaluronic acid filler.

Juvederm comes in two forms: Ultra and Ultra Plus. Juvederm Ultra is great for filling closer to the skin, for treatment of superficial lines and lip augmentation. The Ultra Plus gel is better suited for deeper wrinkles and augmenting areas such as the cheek, where the skin is thicker and the product is placed more deeply.  Also, both Juvederm and Restylane come in forms which are premixed with lidocaine, to help minimize discomfort from the injections.  

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

3351 El Camino Real
Atherton, CA 94027

Juvederm as Facial filler

Juvederm is FDA approved for the nasolabial folds (smile lines). When use in other area, it is considered an off label use. Experienced Physicians can use Juvederm off label. Juvederm is an excellent option for the treatment of fine lines and wrinkles, and volume replacement. I use Juvederm to erase lines all over the face.

Stanley Okoro, MD

960 Johnson Ferry Road, NE
Atlanta, GA 30342

Juvederm works well on many areas of the face

Juvederm works quite well in many areas of the face, including the nasolabial folds (smile lines around mouth). The filler also works well to "plump" out deep lines and wrinkles, beneath the eyes (for hallowed out lines), to enhance cheeks and more. In certain patients, it can be an alternative to a blepharoplasty (eye surgery). 

Peter Schmid, DO
Longmont Facial Plastic Surgeon

1305 Sumner Street
Longmont, CO 80501

Juvederm and Restylane are useful for many areas with volume loss.

Juvederm is FDA approved for the "smile lines" on the sides of the mouth but there are many, many other areas where it can be safely used if injected properly by a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon.   The best thing to do is to go see your physician and get a consultation in person because everyone is different and the proper use of these fillers is best decided while looking at your individual face details in person.

Jessica J. Krant, MD, MPH

317 East 34th Street
New York, NY 10016

Juvederm is FDA approved for the nasolabial folds

Juvederm, like most of the other hyaluronic acid fillers is FDA approved for the crease between the nose and the corner of the mouth.  However, many physicians also use this product in the lips, cheeks, corners of the mouth and along the jaw line.  It is a very versatile product in the hands of an experienced doctor.  You can get excellent, subtle rejuvenation with this filler.

Elizabeth Slass Lee, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

970 Dewing Avenue
Lafayette , CA 94549

Juvaderm Treatment Areas

Restylane and Juvaderm are very similar products and both can be used in the folds between the nose and mouth, the fold down from the corner of the mouth, into the lips, and into any other hollow or crease.  It also works in scars on the cheeks.  I mainly use Juvaderm in the lips as a plumping agent.  It works great for people who just want bigger and fuller lips.  In these other locations, I generally use Restylane as you get a little more product for the same price. 

John Bitner, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

2121 North 1700 West
Layton, Utah 84041

Juvederm treatment sites

Juvederm is an excellent filler choice. It has been used effectively to treat and correct areas on the face that include nasolabial folds, melolabial folds, oral commissures, vermillion (lips), chin, and cheeks to name a few. It is well tolerated and there are minimal side effects.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

230 George Bush Blvd
Delray Beach, FL 33444

Areas for Juvederm Injections...

Juvederm is used in several different facial areas.  Experienced injectors have areas he or she prefers specifically for Juvederm and performs injections to these areas on a regular basis.   Common areas done by most injectors are: nasolabial folds (smile lines), corners of the mouth (lateral commissures) and lips.   Not all fillers are good in all areas and should be performed by experienced injectors only.  

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

9101 N. Central Expressway
Dallas, TX 75231

Juvederm is FDA approved for treatment of the nasolabial folds, but there are many off-label uses that are highly effective.  Hyaloronic acid fillers, such as Juvederm, work well for marionette lines, lip enhancement and tear trough deformities under the eyes.  These are all safe procedures with few complications when performed by a well trained and experienced physician. 

Neil J Zemmel, MD

Neil J. Zemmel, MD, FACS
Midlothian Plastic Surgeon

611 Watkins Centre Parkway
Midlothian, VA 23114

Juvederm is used for many facial areas

Juvederm, a hyaluronic acid filler, can be used in many areas of the face.  It is indicated for use in the nasolabial folds- the lines which extend from the corner of the mouth to the nostril.  It can also be used to fill in hollow areas under the eyes however  it must be injected deep in these areas.  Juvederm is also a good choice for lip augmentation.  Some patients have depressed or indented scars which can also respond to filling with Juvederm. Remember this product is not permanent, it lasts anywhere from 6-12 months.

Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist prior to receiving Juvederm.

Dr. Bruno

William Bruno, MD

9201 Sunset Boulevard
West Hollywood, CA 90069