What Facial Areas Does Juvederm Treat?

I am thinking of having Juverderm fillers. What areas of the face does it treat?

Juvederm for filling facial wrinkles

+2

Juvederm is FDA approved for placement in the nasolabial folds, which are the "parentheses lines" which extend from the outer edge of the nostrils to the corners of the mouth. This is the most common area for treatment but there are several other areas where the product works beautifully. These other areas are considered "off-label" but are perfectly safe to be treated in the hands of skilled and well-trained injectors. The other areas I commonly treat in my practice are the marionette lines (below the corners of the mouth), the lips, the cheeks, the nose, and along the jawline. Under the eyes, my personal preference is to use Restylane, another hyaluronic acid filler.

Juvederm comes in two forms: Ultra and Ultra Plus. Juvederm Ultra is great for filling closer to the skin, for treatment of superficial lines and lip augmentation. The Ultra Plus gel is better suited for deeper wrinkles and augmenting areas such as the cheek, where the skin is thicker and the product is placed more deeply.  Also, both Juvederm and Restylane come in forms which are premixed with lidocaine, to help minimize discomfort from the injections.  

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm as Facial filler

+2

Juvederm is FDA approved for the nasolabial folds (smile lines). When use in other area, it is considered an off label use. Experienced Physicians can use Juvederm off label. Juvederm is an excellent option for the treatment of fine lines and wrinkles, and volume replacement. I use Juvederm to erase lines all over the face.

Stanley Okoro, MD

Juvederm works well on many areas of the face

+1

Juvederm works quite well in many areas of the face, including the nasolabial folds (smile lines around mouth). The filler also works well to "plump" out deep lines and wrinkles, beneath the eyes (for hallowed out lines), to enhance cheeks and more. In certain patients, it can be an alternative to a blepharoplasty (eye surgery). 

Peter Schmid, DO
Longmont Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm and Restylane are useful for many areas with volume loss.

+1
Juvederm is FDA approved for the "smile lines" on the sides of the mouth but there are many, many other areas where it can be safely used if injected properly by a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon.   The best thing to do is to go see your physician and get a consultation in person because everyone is different and the proper use of these fillers is best decided while looking at your individual face details in person.

Jessica J. Krant, MD, MPH

Juvederm is FDA approved for the nasolabial folds

+1

Juvederm, like most of the other hyaluronic acid fillers is FDA approved for the crease between the nose and the corner of the mouth.  However, many physicians also use this product in the lips, cheeks, corners of the mouth and along the jaw line.  It is a very versatile product in the hands of an experienced doctor.  You can get excellent, subtle rejuvenation with this filler.

Elizabeth Slass Lee, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Juvaderm Treatment Areas

+1

Restylane and Juvaderm are very similar products and both can be used in the folds between the nose and mouth, the fold down from the corner of the mouth, into the lips, and into any other hollow or crease.  It also works in scars on the cheeks.  I mainly use Juvaderm in the lips as a plumping agent.  It works great for people who just want bigger and fuller lips.  In these other locations, I generally use Restylane as you get a little more product for the same price. 

John Bitner, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm treatment sites

+1

Juvederm is an excellent filler choice. It has been used effectively to treat and correct areas on the face that include nasolabial folds, melolabial folds, oral commissures, vermillion (lips), chin, and cheeks to name a few. It is well tolerated and there are minimal side effects.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Areas for Juvederm Injections...

+1

Juvederm is used in several different facial areas.  Experienced injectors have areas he or she prefers specifically for Juvederm and performs injections to these areas on a regular basis.   Common areas done by most injectors are: nasolabial folds (smile lines), corners of the mouth (lateral commissures) and lips.   Not all fillers are good in all areas and should be performed by experienced injectors only.  

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Juvederm

+1

Juvederm is FDA approved for treatment of the nasolabial folds, but there are many off-label uses that are highly effective.  Hyaloronic acid fillers, such as Juvederm, work well for marionette lines, lip enhancement and tear trough deformities under the eyes.  These are all safe procedures with few complications when performed by a well trained and experienced physician. 

Neil J Zemmel, MD

Neil J. Zemmel, MD, FACS
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm is used for many facial areas

+1

Juvederm, a hyaluronic acid filler, can be used in many areas of the face.  It is indicated for use in the nasolabial folds- the lines which extend from the corner of the mouth to the nostril.  It can also be used to fill in hollow areas under the eyes however  it must be injected deep in these areas.  Juvederm is also a good choice for lip augmentation.  Some patients have depressed or indented scars which can also respond to filling with Juvederm. Remember this product is not permanent, it lasts anywhere from 6-12 months.

Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist prior to receiving Juvederm.

Dr. Bruno

William Bruno, MD