Juvederm Dosage for Lips?

What is the recommended dosage of Juvederm injection for the lips?

Every patient is different

+2

It really depends on what you want and how thin your lips are, I generally tend to be conservative and use well less then 1 syringe for one setting, allowing the patient to touch up their results in 6 months or so with the price of 1 syringe. Its always easier to put more in then take it away.  

Juvederm for Lips, What is Proper Dosage?

+2

Hi Debbie Duck,

From your name it sounds as if you received an over dosage of Juvederm in your lips, resulted in those dreaded duck lips.

There is no standard "dose" of Juvederm, it depends upon the size of the patients lips to start with and their goal.

I prefer to go conservative, especially the first time. I try to limit my lip injections to no more that 0.4cc per lip with Juvederm. Most of the time less than a full syringe of Juvederm is used in the lips. Patients are then seen in follow up two weeks later at which time additional filler may be injected.

The upper lip should be about 70% the size of the larger lower lip to "keep it real".
Good luck and be well. Say hello to Daffy for me.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Juvederm dosage for lips

+1

Since you can add Juvederm onto existing treated areas without a significant waiting period,  I prefer to start with a single vial of Juvederm.  Each person has a different response as to the amount of fluid that the Juvederm molecule will absorb.  I see my patients back in 2 weeks to determine the response.  If the patient wants more, an additional vial can be added then.  With filler, truly less can be more.  You want a natural look, not Goldie Hawn in 'First Wives Club" ! 

Kathleen F. Archer, MD
Houston Oculoplastic Surgeon

It's best to start off using a conservative amount of Juvederm for lips

+1

It's important to be very conservative with lip fillers, as we can always go back and inject more should it be required.

In general, I usually start with 1 syringe of Juvederm divided between the upper and lower lip in a way to maintain the natural proportions of the lips.

Most of the time, that is all that is required, but occasionally, a patient will return in a week or so because they want a bit more fullness, which is easy to achieve.

Good luck!

Dr. S

Shahram Salemy, MD, FACS

Judgement of doctor, preference of patient

+1

There is no recommended Juvederm "dosage". The most important part of lip injection is the discussion with your dermatologist or plastic surgeon before the first stick!. It is always easier to add than subtract. Ask to see some before and after pictures that the doctor has done and discuss your expectations. In the end, most patients start with a full syringe, and work up from there.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

For Juvederm in the lips, less is more.

+1

Hi. In Manhattan, we use no more than one syringe of Juvederm for both the upper and lower lips, and usually less. The lower lip should be slightly larger.

It is better to under correct and keep a natural looking result. How the injections are done is just as important as how much Juvederm is used. There is some art to it.

If you really hate your lips, the result can be reversed with Hyaluronidase, but this also has to be done very carefully. You may want to get another opinion.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)