Non-surgical Way to Restore Volume in Midface?

Having had Juvederm injections several times for smile lines before, one doctor said that she could inject it in my cheeks and under my eyes if I want to try to restore some volume. I am hesitant because my experience is that the product stays where it's injected, what would be my options? What is the best and most natural non-surgical way to restore volume in the cheeks and under eyes that won't give me a lumpy result?

Juvederm and Restylane as non surgical alternatives

+3
Juvederm and Restylane are wonderful non surgical alternatives to volumizing the face. I also use Radiesse as a mid face filler. I do not recommend it under the eyes. If you have a small amount of fat that could be removed I also recommend fat transfer as a great alternative to all of these. You stated non surgical in your question however with a small syringe we are able to remove fat from an area via syringe and then purify that fat and reinject that fat into the areas that need enhancement. All of the above methods work and it is dependent upon your needs and desires and the surgeons recommendations.

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com

Fillers are often used to improve fine lines and volume to the face

+3

Fillers are a non-surgical way to add volume to the face. As we age we lose fat and bone volume in our face. If you look at pictures of actors as they age you we see a thinning of the face with age. This is a natural progression. On the lower eyelids we develop a depression under our eyes which occurs due to the descent of the cheek tissue.

Restalyne and juvaderm are the fillers of choice for the lower lids because this is a tricky area to fill. If the area is over-corrected it can look too full or grey in color. If this occurs with the fillers above it can dissolved with hyuronidase. The correction can last up to one year unlike the mouth area where correction is typically 6 months.

To volumize the cheeks, fat transfer, sculptra, radiesse can also be used.

Orange County Dermatologist

Juvaderm Ultra Plus works for midface volume restoration

+2

Juvaderm Ultra Plus works well to restore volume in the midface. It can last 6 to 12 months. I also use Radiasse as a midface filler. This lasts a bit longer.

Costs are equivilent with 0.8 cc syringes about $650.

Fillers beneath the thin skin of the nasojugal groove and perioribital skin require a thinner hyuronidase product, such as Restylane or Juvaderm Ultra. These cost $600 per syringe.

Annapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers for the midface

+2

Fillers are the best treatment. Juvederm or other fillers work best when injected below the muscle under the eyelid area to minimize bruising and create a more smooth result. The fillers are used in the deep plane in the cheek with multiple passes and small amounts per pass to spread out the product so there is only a small chance of lumpiness. The hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane / Perlane can be treated with hyaluronidase to thin out the lumpiness should it occur.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com

Fat injections and other dermal fillers

+2

Volumizing for the midface is one of the best ways to rejuvenate this area. Dermal fillers and fat transferring procedures can markedly bring youth to this area in a natural way. Dermal fillers are a non surgical way to do this without long incisions but the effect is short lived lasting from 6 months to a year or more depending on the product. Fat injections are another option that also requires no incisions just small puncture holes to achieve beautiful results that can last years up to 10 years or more. Volumizing is a great alternative to midface rejuvenation.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

The most natural way to restore volume is by injection of fillers

+2

Fillers have become gold standard for volumizing the cheeks. In my experience, Sculptra and Radiesse work wonderful in this area.

For under eyes, however, Hyaluronic acid based fillers such as Restylane and Juvederm work better and are safer.

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Midface fillers

+2

I agree with the others. Fillers are the best option for treatment. However, some fillers are better than others. Scuptra in my opinion is not a good choice if you are using it close to the thin skin of the lower eyelid. The hyaluronic acid fillers are great... Restylane probably being my choice. The injections should be done by an experienced physician. The fillers should also be placed as deep to the skin as possible to avoid lumpiness. Volume is what you are trying to acheive.... not removing superficial lines. The technique is totally different.

Annapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Mid-face Non-surgical Rejuvenation

+2

Hi Newmie,

Juvederm is excellent for restoring volume in the midface. I would use Restylane close to the eyes as sometimes Juvederm swells a little too much in this area leading to unsatisfactory results.

Another non-surgical method of restoring midface volume and lifting the slight laxity of the area is treatment with fractionated carbon dioxide laser. I have been using Fraxel re:pair for the past year. One of the most consistent effects is a slight lift of the mid-face, and smoothing of the lower eye lids.

Choose your injecting physician carefully.

Dr. P

Santa Monica fat grafting doctor

+1

Fat grafting may be a natural solution to volume loss in the mid cheeks and mid face areas. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Web reference: http://surgery90210.com/cosmetic-dermatology/24/juvederm-filler.aspx

There is a TERRIFIC nonsurgical option for midface volume resoration

+1

Midface volume restoration through cannula filler placement is one of my favorite procedures. Please take a minute to watch the video below - it says it all!

Patients are generally extremely happy with the results. Cost varies form $600-$1800 depending on how deflated the face is. Most patients choose an annual touchup, but even without that, it would be years for all of the filler to dissolve.

Web reference: http://www.nayakplasticsurgery.com/injectable-fillers.html

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon