Does Juvederm Last Longer on Younger Patients?

The nurse that does my Microdermabrasion told me that HA fillers tend to last longer on younger patients. I know it varies quite a bit from person to person, but in general is this true?

Younger patients and fillers

+1

I do not think that fillers last any longer in younger patients, I just think that the you need less product in younger patients.

Do young patients receive better results with Juvederm?

+1

Although we find age to be a factor in predicting a patient's response to certain laser treatments, it is not a factor with duration of cosmetic dermal fillers that we know of.  There are too may other factors that affect effects/duration of dermal fillers such as:  technique, location of treatment area, smoking, tanning habits, and a correct amount of product being used for full correction. 

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Longevity of Juvederm

+1

Juvederm is an excellent hyaluronic acid based injectable that can be used effectively for facial contouring.

Juvederm is commonly used around the lips, the smile lines, the marionette lines, under deep wrinkles, under deep scars, and even under the area of the eye.
Juvederm a last approximately 8 to 10 months depending on the patient. The age of the patient will not affect this. Each patient has a different chemical makeup and so Juvederm allows a different amount of time per patient

Pat Pazmino, MD

Juvederm effect does not depend on age.

+1

Hi.

Juvederm is a great product, and in areas that don't move too much, like the cheeks, it lasts 9 months or more.  But the duration is not age dependent.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Hyaluronic acid fillers and age

+1

I am not aware of any study that looks for differences in the duration of hyaluronic acid fillers based on age. Maybe that is your nurse's personal observation. We do know that important factors in hyaluronic acid filler injections include the type of hyaluronic acid, location of injection, previous injection (HA filler duration can be considerably longer if injected before total resolution of previously injected filler), and of course individual variation.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist