Is There a Safe Brazilian Butt Lift Under $2000?

Have a question? Ask a doctor

Brazilian Buttock Lift cost

Just consider what is involved.

Liposuction of multiple areas to get 2000-3000 cc of fat and collect it in sterile manner, the device for collection is about $300.

The time it takes is about 3-4 hours, minimum. Preparing the fat, cleaning, removing the debris and oil takes one hour.

Then fat transfer; the disposables cost about $500. Plus the cost of anesthesia, cost of the operating room and nursing staff, and drugs. Then the surgical fees for a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a total time of 6 hours.

Note: I just had a plumber charge me $60 for the first 15 minutes and the problem was not fixed.

Cost of Brazilian Butt Lift

Thanks for the question - A Brazilian butt lift enhances the contour of your buttocks by injecting fat removed from other parts of your body (usually abdomen, hips and thighs). In my San Francisco area practice we've performed this procedure on people with excellent results. Most practices (mine included) charge about $2000-$2500 per body area of liposuction. Assuming you needed a very small buttock augmentation (my patients typically require between 200 and 400cc of transferred fat per side) and that all of the fat could be harvested from one area (this is not typically the case) you would be looking at about $2000 for just the fat harvest. After we harvest the fat it is gently spun down or decanted and select vials are selected for viability. We then use a variety of small cannulae to reinject the fat in appropriate planes within the buttocks. The re-injection typically takes 2-3 hours. The procedure takes time. It takes experience. You should be very careful about going to a surgeon that will do a Brazilian Butt Lift for $2000. Be sure to start your search with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Beware of "cheap" deals!!

As previously stated you will get what you pay for. This cost will not cover your facility fees in a respectable outpatient center or hospital. Beware of cheap deals that could yield bad results. It will take thousands of dollars to fix this at the end!

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Cheap brazilian lift

No there is not a safe BBL under that price.  There isn't any plastic surgery operation for that price range.

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

Unfortunately, $2000 wouldn't even cover operating room and anesthesia fees for Brazilian Butt Lift

This is a very tedious and time consuming procedure and therefore one of the more expensive procedures we perform. I would not shop for the cheapest price. In some situations you do get what you pay for, and this is one of them.

Prices do vary from surgeon to surgeon. You need to find not only a price you can afford, but a surgeon who is experienced in this procedure and who provides the types of results you are looking for.

Safe Brazilian Buttlift for Under $2000?

The Brazilian buttlift tends to cost $6000 at the very low end.  If you find someone suggesting that it can be done under $2000, I would wonder where it would be done.  I would wonder what would be the anesthetic choice.  Finally, I would wonder who would perform the surgery.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Brazilian Buttlift Los Angeles, CA

Brazilian Butt Lift

There is no credible version of a brazilian butt lift for $2000.  To be happy with the results, you need to ensure that enough fat is taken out so that it can be sufficient for the process.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Cheap Brazilian Butt lift

I caution you against using price as the way of choosing your surgeon. It will be very unlikely that an experienced board-certified plastic surgeon will perform a Brazilian butt lift for anything near $2000, it is a very time consuming and specialized procedure when done correctly. The least expensive surgery is one that is done correctly the first time. Going cheap on your first surgery may cost you more in the long run if you need a revision by an experienced board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in gluteal augmentation. Look at your surgeon's before and after photos before you make decision.

Some patients unfortunately resort to going to other countries because of the lure of cheap surgery.  However, medical tourism is fraught with problems. What if you develop a complication? How are the emergency services in the area you would choose to go to? How will you see your doctor for post operative visits or see them for frequently if necessary?

The cheapest option in the US will be to look for a local medical school with a plastic surgery training program with offers a chief resident clinic or fellow clinic.  Here in LA, both USC and UCLA have plastic surgery training programs. In a residents clinic a surgeon in their last year of plastic surgery training sees you in consultation and performs your surgery with supervision of an attending plastic surgeon (who is usually board certified), at a reduced cost.

USC has an Aesthetic Fellows' Clinic. In the fellows' clinic, a fully trained plastic surgeon who is finished with their plastic surgery training (and in the process of obtaining their board certification) and is in a fellowship program in advanced cosmetic plastic surgery sees you and performs your surgery. They have trained with leaders in the field of cosmetic plastic surgery in Beverly Hills, Marina del Rey and Newport Beach.

Consider using a line of credit and having the best and safest surgery possible. Carecredit and Alpheon offer financing for plastic surgery procedures. Surgery is a serious endeavor, go to the surgeon you feel is safe and can provide you the best results. Hope this helps and best wishes.

Luis H. Macias, MD