Laser for Butt Lifting - Lasers with a Brazilian Butt Lift

I an really interested in the Brazillian Butt lift butt don't want to have actual lipoSUCTION. Can the transfer be done after one of the less invasive procedure (SmartLipo, Cool Lipo, Vaser) is performed?

Can I have a Brazilian Butt Lift with VASER or another type of liposuction?

+4

Hi there-

There are two very important points for you to understand...

First of all, I would not usually recommend using fat harvested by laser, VASER, waterjet, or power-assisted liposuction for grafting in a Brazilian Butt Lift. These techniques are too traumatic to the fat and might compromise the outcome you desire.

The second and possibly more important point to make, however, is that I would not agree that these techniques are "less-invasive". The marketing professionals at work for the companies that make these devices would love for you (and the doctors they are trying to sell these machines to) to believe that they offer less invasive options for improvement in your body contour, but the truth is that liposuction is liposuction. Whether you precede the contouring with application of laser energy or ultrasound energy, the fundamental procedure of removing the fat is still performed, and I would argue that the use of the laser energy makes these techniques a bit MORE invasive than carefully performed tumescent liposuction.

If you desire a larger, rounder butt, the Brazilian Butt Lift technique is a great option- find a surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery with a lot of experience doing these procedures (ask to see photos and maybe even speak to a few patients who have had the operation). There are many providers without plastic surgery residency training doing liposuction in many forms- be careful.. the years of training a board certified plastic surgeon receives in liposuction cannot be replaced by the few days or weeks these alternative providers receive.

Here's to you and your new, round butt!

Laser Liposuction will destroy fat

+2

The best method for far harvesting is a low pressure suction using a syringe. Using laser, ultrasound or any other method will result in destruction of the fat transfered and a worse result. Hope that helps!

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Agree with NO

+2

I agree with Dr. Bogdan - With Brazillian butt lifts the goal is to transfer fat from unwanted areas and use it to enhance the profile of the buttocks. The fat that is transferred should be treated so that it will survive.

Transferring fat that will die will lead to complications like infection and loss of contour improvement. Smart lipo, laser lipo, cool lipo, ultrasonic lipo - anything where there is increased fat cell destruction means the fat you transfer may not survive.

Traditional liposuction should be used. Now that does not mean you can't have other liposuction techniques at the same time, but that fat shouldn't be used as part of the contouring for the Brazillian Butt Lift.

Steven H. Williams, MD

Laser Butt Lift?

+2

The branded procedures such as SmartLipo, CoolLipo, and Vaser are modifications of actual liposuction. They are not less invasive, though this is a common misconception. A laser or ultrasound device is used beneath the skin to melt fat prior to suction. Many physicians do attest that fat removal is easier after it is melted.

It may not be advisable to use a laser or ultrasound on fat that is to be transferred, as it will damage the fat cells and decrease their survivability - meaning that the fat could die before it is placed into another area such as the buttocks. Similarly, melting fat in the area where fat is to be transferred may also damage surrounding fat cells and microvasculature (tiny blood vessels), decreasing the chance that the transferred fat will survive in the new location.

There are currently no studies that examine fat transfer peformed in conjunction with fat-melting procedures, but it makes intuitive sense that these procedures could work against one another.

Brett S. Kotlus, MD, MS
Rochester Oculoplastic Surgeon

"Laser Brazilian Butt Lift" = a REALLY stupid Idea

+1

Ever since Star Wars, Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader and laser sabers came into our culture in the 1970's, lasers have been shamelessly been used to sell and hype almost anything from laser filled disco clubs to "laser" hernia repairs, hemorrhoid removal and worse. The fact is that medical laser for the most part rapidly heat and vaporize our tissues (the medical term is ablation).

When we perform a Brazilian Butt Lift, we attempt to transfer a large amount of LIVING fat cells from one part of the body to the buttocks where it can thrive and provide added volume and contour. How logical would it be to cook the fat with a laser and then take this dead fat emulsion and inject it into the buttocks where it has a ZERO chance of persisting as a living graft?? Using laser liposuction fat for grafting it WORSE than hype it makes NO scientific sense.

Please don't do it.

Peter A Aldea, MD
Memphis, TN

Laser liposuction and Brazilian butt lift

+1

Laser kills fat cells and therefore makes them unsuitable for use in fat transfer, therefore you cannot do Brazilian butt lift after laser liposuction.

I have made best experience with the Body Jet lipcollector system for Brazilian butt lifts, this really works best. We have undertaken histologic studies of specimen taken with Bodyjet and found fat cell survivial to be more than 80%.

However, I like to add Smartlipo at the and of the Brazilian butt lift procedure to assure best possible retraction of the skin around the buttocks, namely the infragluteal fold and the flanks.

Alexander Aslani, MD, EBOPRAS
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and Brazilan Butt Lift

+1

There are many types of liposuction machines.  Some use laser energy to melt the fat (such as Smart Lipo), some use ultrasonic energy (Vaser), some use a water jet, and some use mechanical energy.  It is NOT true that these techniques are less invasive than standard liposuction.  In fact, in many ways they are more invasive since some of them actually destroy the fat cells before the cells are removed with the Liposuction tube.  Many of these manufacturers advertise to the public that their technique is less invasive or causes more skin shrinkage, but these claims are completely unproven.

In any case, fat that is harvested with ultrasonic or laser liposuction can not be used for fat injections such as Brazilian Butt Lift because the fat cells have been destroyed.  Liposuction to the surrounding areas can be done using these techniques, but the resulting fat is not usable.  Standard vacuum liposuction is the best method for fat harvesting for the Brazilian Butt Lift.

Kevin F. Hagan, MD

Liposuction for buttock augmentation

+1

The alternative techniques in liposuction shouldn't be used for augmentation of buttocks or for reshaping since those techniques all destroy the fat cells to a degree.  As it is, one must really have the technique down to minimize trauma to the fat cells so this would really counter the basic principles of fat transfer.  If you're not interested in liposuction then this isn't the operation for you.  Truthfully, I think you should consider your stance on the issue and move forward with it!

DoctorMeade

Ricardo A. Meade, MD