Can Invisalign Fix Narrow Arch?

Can invisalign make the narrow arch wider, so it will be space to pull teeth inside, fix overjet?

Invisalign can widen an arch...

+2

It does widen the arch 2-3 mm by tipping the teeth outward on both sides. You may want to discuss doing a mid course correction with your Dr. during your consultation. Half way thru the case,new impressions can be taken and reset the case giving you even more ability to widen the arch..I've done it many times with good results..

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign to correct narrow arch? Maybe yes - maybe no!

+1

Invisalign is capable of moving teeth but not widening the underlying jaw bone. So if the "narrow arch" is a result of malposition of teeth, invisalign may be the appropriate choice. If it is due to lack of normal bone development then Invisalign may not be effective in resolving the problem. I suggest you rely on your orthodontist's expert diagnostic opinion to distinguish between the two. That should make the choice between Invisalign and conventional braces an easy one to make!

Mercer Island Orthodontist

Invisalign is limited in it's ability to expand dental arches.

+1

Because Invisalign can expand dental arches, but is somewhat limited, see an orthodontist who uses Dentofacial Orthopedics to widen the dental arches PRIOR TO Invisalign.  This approach gets the best result for creating the fullest, most beautiful smiles without extractions and can correct your overjet as well.

Denver Orthodontist

Invisalign is good at dentally widening arches

+1

Invisalign is good at dentally expanding an arch to develop the archform and improve a narrow arch. There is a limit as to how much dental expansion invisalign can achieve. I would recommend seeing an orthodonist who can evaluate your bite and narrow arch and give you your treatment options.

New York Orthodontist