If You Are 52 Years Old is It Okay to Wear Invisalign?

I am 52 years old and would like Invisalign. Is that possible?

Invisible Braces is Appropriate for Any Age

+3

Invisible braces (i.e., "Invisalign", "Clear Correct", etc.) is appropriate for individuals of all ages.  The most important thing to consider is the health of your gums and bone.  If you don't have bone loss around your teeth and if you are diligent with home care oral hygiene, then you may be an excellent candidate for invisible braces.

When you initiate orthodontic treatment of any kind, it's important to understand that it may be necessary for you to have dental cleanings on a more frequent basis (every 2-4 months).

Manhattan Cosmetic Dentist

52 years young and Invisalign!

+2

Invisalign is a great approach to orthodontics for an ever-expanding group of situations. Age is not a factor - only health of the teeth and bone and position of the teeth and jaws.

Memphis Cosmetic Dentist

Patient's age and Invisalign

+2

I want to thank you for an excellent question. A lot of my patients had the same concern. It is very simple: patient's age has nothing to do with Invisalign results. In other words, as long as your gums are healthy and teeth are fixed and free of decay, Invisalign can be used to achieve great results.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Ayzin

Costa Mesa Cosmetic Dentist

Yes!

+1

Invisalign has no age limit. As long as your periodontal (gum and bone) health is good, you should be able to use Invisalign. In my orthodontic practice, we have been able to use Invisalign on children as young as age 10 and the eldest patient was in their 80’s. Your orthodontist will tell you whether or not you are a good candidate.

New York Orthodontist

You are never too old

+1

Invisalign was originally developed for adults.  The clear aligners allow people to improve the alignment of their teeth without the obvious look of braces.  An important thing to be aware of is that tooth movement in the presence of gum inflammation can speed up the progression of gum disease.  Be sure to have a thorough periodontal assessment and cavity assessment before you start.  In a healthy mouth, Invisalign is a fantastic treatment option for adults.

Toronto Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign is great for adults

+1

The only thing I would be cautious about is if you have periodontal disease then get that fixed, or if your teeth are broken, worn, chipped, yellowed, have pre-existing fillings, then you might want to consider saving the money you spent on Invisalign and put it toward porcelain veneers.

Bellevue Cosmetic Dentist

Is my age a factor when using Invisalign?

+1

As long as you have your adult teeth present (as opposed to a child who may have some baby teeth present), age is not a factor when choosing between conventional orthodontics and Invisalign.  In our practice we have plenty of adults, many older than you, who are currently successfully undergoing Invisalign treatment.  Whether you are a candidtate or not depends largely on the complexity of your malocclusion.  Thanks !

Mercer Island Orthodontist

Never too old for Invisalign

+1

Invisalign will work for you. Your age is no concern.

Thank you,

Dr. Barba

Santa Ana Cosmetic Dentist

Is it okay to wear invisalign at 52 years old?

+1

It is the perfect choice for someone your age!  Contemplating braces with wires and brackets at that age might not be so comfortabe personally for you. Another added advantage of invisalign, is they are removable and you have less worry about gum disease because you do not have wires and brackets to clean around. I would say that at least half of my invisalign  patients in our practice are 45 years old and older and can now afford to straighten their teeth.  They are extremely happy with the clear look that invisalign provides and the results at the end of their treatment.  I think this would be a great way for you to go !  Let me know if you start and Good Luck

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign works For 52 year old man...

+1

Teeth can always be moved as long as they are not implants or bridges. Invisalign will add decades of life to your teeth and enamel..Crooked teeth chip and wear unevenly thus shortening their longevity..

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.