Can Invisalign Express Fix an Overbite?

i had braces in my early twenties and never been happy with the out come.I have a 4 to 5 mm overbite and my top and bottom teeth are a little out of alignment.other than that my teeth are straight.can invisalign express help?

Overbite fix with express Invisalign

+1

I do not think the Invisalign will close the overbite all the way...it may decrease it. However you may require jaw surgery.

Thank you,

Dr. Barba

Santa Ana Cosmetic Dentist

Yes Invisalign can correct an overbite,but....

+1

Its doubtful whether the express case would do the job. I would need to review the clinchek to see if you qualify. Usually a full case is more appropriate for this type of treatment...

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign Express works well for minor corrections

+1

Overbites may be more difficult to correct with braces or Invisalign than many other types of problems, but sometimes creative solutions can make a difference.  It could be that Invisalign Express could correct the problem AFTER using what is called a Biteplate 24/7 for several months, then doing the Invisalign or Invisalign Express.  Your Invisalign certified dentist or orthodontist in Phoenix should evaluate and consider what I said as a possibility.

Denver Orthodontist

Invisalign express has limitations.

+1

No! Express cases are not designed to fix anterior/posterior descrepancies. You need a full course of treatment to fix the problem. Invisalign and fixed appliance can be used.

Springfield Orthodontist

Invisalign Express can help....in some situations!

+1

Overbites are difficult to correct with standard orthodontics, and with Invisalign treatment, perhaps even more difficult. 

Your best option would be to consult with an Invisalign or Clear Correct provider so that impressions could be made to generate a virtual model of your teeth.  Once this is done, your provider will then be able to tell you how many aligners would be necessary to achieve what you'd like to correct. 

By the way, Clear Correct is very similar to Invisalign but at a lower cost, so even if you require "full" treatment with invisible braces, Clear Correct may be a more economic option.

Good luck!

Manhattan Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign Express means short time of treatment

+1

Invisalign Express is for cases that take 10 aligners or less.  As a rule, overbites are harder to do with Invisalign compared to traditional braces.  Even with traditional braces, correcting an overbite takes time.  Add Invisalign into the mix and it is highly unlikely that Invisalign Express would work.

Consult with an orthodontist to know for sure, but I would not think it is likely.

Web reference: http://www.bestseattledentist.com/html/invisalign-seattle.html

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.