Can Invisalign Close my Gap?

I have a gap in my two front teeth that is about a quarter of an inch wide. Would invisalign work for me?

Can Invisalign Close my Gap?

Yes. With proper treatment planning by an orthodontist and aligner compliance, Invisalign can efficiently and effectively close all spaces.

Can Invisalign Close my Gap?

Can invisalign be used to close gaps between teeth…absolutely. Certainly it depends on the size of the space and that would have to be evaluated. Without photographs or without an evaluation it is hard to say if it actually can be done with invisalign or how long it would take. So definitely visit the dentist and get an opinion on that.But it does definitely work for closing spaces.

Closing a large front tooth gap.

Yes, I have had this done to my own gap with invisalign and it looks great.  Invisalign can close unsightly gaps  but some addidtional bonding of composite or some veneers may be needed to make teeth sizes look more ideal if you have smaller teeth.  A good cosemetic dentist can show you what combinations of teatments can make things look and function best.

Invisalign and Gap Issues

Invisalign may very well work for you. However, you would need a  thorough examination  with a treatment plan devised, taking into consideration the spacing between your teeth and behind your teeth.

When considering space closure, there is often retraction of teeth required and there must be appropriate space between the teeth and the opposing teeth, in order to achieve the desired result.

Janet H. Stoess-Allen, DMD
New York Orthodontist

It amazes me what we can accomplish with Invisalign.

Invisalign can do amazing things with closing spaces and relieving crowding.  I have yet to find a case that we couldn't solve with Invisalign.

Invisalign works great to close the spaces or gaps

One of the top indications for Invisalign is to close the gaps between teeth. It is highly predicatble treatment for closing spaces between teeth. However you should be very careful of jaw tooth size discrepency, that may lead to relapse of gaps even after the treatment is finished. In thise case proper retention, or/and use of some restorative procedures hep to add the teeth width so that there is no frustration in the long run.

Dalvir Pannu, DDS
San Jose Dentist

Invisalign will Close Gaps

Perhaps one of the best things invisalign does is close gaps.  Treatment times vary but if you are happy with the shape and color of your teeth invisalign can be ideal.

Tim Huckabee, DDS
Southlake Dentist

Invisalign Closes Gaps Well

Invisalign is a great technique for closing (and holding closed) gaps between teeth.  The aligners can grab onto teeth to very effectively move them together, not just push the crowns together by tipping them, but actually get some good root movement as well.  Extreme cases, however, may need actual braces, because braces can move the roots of teeth even more effectively.  An evaluation by a Certified Invisalign Dentist should be performed before determining the best treatment.

Invisalign works to close tooth gaps.

Invisalign is a great choice for closing spaces between teeth - particularly front teeth. It is liikely that such spaces will tend to re-open, so maintaining space closure over the long-term will require consistent retainer use. Sometimes a retainer wire can be attached to the inner surfaces of the teeth. This is often a good solution since you would not have to remember to use a removable retainer. Ask your orthodontist what he or she recommends to insure that your correction last a lifetime!

R. William McNeill, DDS, MS
Mercer Island Orthodontist

Invisalign to close your gaps

Orthodontics with invisalign trays is a great conservative approach to aligning teeth with gaps, rotations, and tipping. It works quite well and faster than conventional orthodontics. 

Mickey Bernstein, DDS
Memphis Dentist