What Would Be the Best Non-invasive Facelift for a 28 Year Old?

I'm 28 and my face has started to sag slightly compared to before 25. I would like a mild facelift treatment to get that youthful look back, but don't feel ready for surgical options. So the options I'm considering are: 1.Radiofrequency treatment to the face 2.Juvederm (or Radiesse) - would injections to the upper cheeks really 'lift' the face as it's advertised? 3.Infrared rays to the face Which would work best for someone my age, in terms of (A) effectiveness, and (B) long-term safety?

Best Non-invasive Facelift for 28 Year Old is Filler Injection

Facial aging in a 28 year old is caused by fat loss which is loss of volume-not lax skin.

Therefore your best option is to replace facial volume with Fillers such as Restylane, Radiesse, Perlane, Juvederm or others.

Skin tightening machines like Thermage, Ultherapy, Radiofrequency, and Infra red will achieve only 20-25% tightening at best and they do not increase and some can decrease fat volume.

So stick with the fillers.

Non Invasive Facelift

Hi there.  One option to consider is facial filler.  

Fillers vary as to where in the face they can most safely be placed and how long they last. The most popular areas for improvement are the nasolabial folds (line between the nose and lips) as well as the lips themselves. 

These 30-minute treatments are performed in the office under both topical and local anesthesia for comfort. 

Fillers are now available preloaded with local anesthetic. Between the powerful numbing cream, application of ice before treatment, and the presence of anesthetic in the filler itself, both discomfort and bruising are dramatically reduced.

Facial fillers such as Radiesse™, Restylane™, and Juvederm™ as well as muscle relaxants such as Botox™, to not only reduce wrinkles, but also lift and contour sagging facial features. This non-surgical approach, known as a “liquid facelift,” can be used to treat the entire face or specific areas, and offers long lasting results with little or no down time.

I hope this answers your question.  Good luck.  Dr. Shah.

Anand G. Shah, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best Non-Invasive Face Lift Options for someone in the second to third decade

Not all patients the same age, 28 in your case, age the same way. Knowing the causes of aging in your particular case will help answer your question. One approach does not substitute for another and often they can be done at the same time. The most important thing is to find the most skilled Plastic Surgeon available and he/she will determine what is needed and the timing especially since you did not provide photos. Fillers and resurfacing procedures at the same time or following a Face Lift procedure makes Sense for most. There is a higher risk in smokers however.
This is because you age by three factors - sagging (through gravity and time), loss of volume (counteracted by fillers), and skin texture (determined by environmental and genetic factors). Your fillers should enhance your effect of the lifting if placed appropriately by addressing one of the causes of aging. Most often one of these factors is more out of balance than another and therefore your procedures should customize for what is most needed. Often fillers alone can "stall" the inevitable as they only correct one aspect of aging.
Facelift and Skin resurfacing procedures (laser, Ulthera or Thermage ) and fillers are synergistic so as long as you wait until the Sculptra injection site is soft you should do fine. Not a problem and there is no problem with the timing for a facelift. Sculptra, Radiesse, Jeuvederm, Restylane, your own fat and other fillers address volume issues, resurfacing procedures corrects surface flaws associated with aging and face lifting addresses the sagging loose skin. Resurfacing procedures address skin texture, color variation (e.g. sun spots)- so all three are synergistic and complementary. It is very common in my practice to do all three approaches to rejuvenation at the same time

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Ultherapy for the face

Ultherapy is an excellent modality for non surgical face lifting for the jowls, neck, and lower face. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Best Non-invasive Facelift in the 20's and 30's

If you are beginning to show the signs of aging then there are three factors that can be contributing.  The first could be sun damage which Fraxel would correct.  The second is volume loss, which a filler such as Restylane, Juvederm, Sculptra, or Voluma would correct.  The third sign of aging is skin laxity.  At your age, Thermage is an excellent way to tighten the skin.  Thermage would help to build new collagen and if you combine this treatment with the injectables you will have a fabulous result.

Voluma for non-surgical facelift

Thank you for your question, it would be easier if you if you could post a photo as well. If you are looking for more volume in your face, and make you look younger and fill out any wrinkles than I suggest Voluma. Voluma is a facial filler said to last two years that instantly restores volume. Please consult with your doctor to decide if this is best for you. Good luck!

Bruce E. Katz, MD

At your age Ulthera and fillers are the best option

A combination of therapies may allow you to achieve your desired look. Ulthera combined with fillers can produce a wonderful result. Fillers will add the volume you are looking for in the cheek area and Ulthera will help to tighten the skin while still producing a natural result.

Non invasive facelift for 28 y.o.

Hard to really say in your particular case without photos or exam.  Having said that, you are most likely a candidate for filling modalities to give volume to the face.  Fillers add volume and can give pleasant contour.  Facelifts take anatomy and place it back into the proper place.  When done correctly, these modalities are appropriate and effective for that individual.  The other modalities that your describe may be helpful, depending on the individual.  See a few consultants before making your desicions.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Lift needed in Younger Face

Younger patients do not require surgical facelifts. That can be said in almost all cases. But there are 2 reasons that can lead to a younger face looking "saggy" or tired. 1.) Loss of volume, especially in the cheeks, 2.) Poor anatomy ("weak" cheeks and/or chins) can lead to the skin appearing loose and saggy. The non-surgical ways to address volume loss are with fillers. Also, procedures that use Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP, like that used in the VampireLift) can help restore volume using growth factors from your own body. Fillers or fat grafting can be useful when significant filling is needed. Skin or muscle-tightening procedures (like Ultherapy) can produce some subtle results, but in younger patients it is more of a method of preventing or slowing the rate of sagging. However, if there is an anatomical reason, cheek or chin implants should be part of the discussion as well. Those are questions that can be answered during a consult and exam with a knowledgeable Facial Plastic Surgeon.

Manu Gujrati, MD
San Jose Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy or Fillers

Adding volume (i.e. fillers) the face can help maintain or create a more youthful look.  It tends to have very little downtime and can provide a great and immediate result with very little downtime.  If you have some specific concerns such as blunting of the jaw line or neck, then consider something like Ultherapy.  It can provide a gentle lift in the treated areas and can help create a tighter look.  It can also help maintain or hinder the aging process.  Regarding surgery, I would wait until you are older.