I Have No Insurance, What's a Good Down Payment for Invisalign?

No insurance, Invisalign down payment.

+1

Many of my patients do not have dental insurance and are able to finance their Invisalign with Chase or Care Credit. These two plans offer 0% interest for up tot 24 months. An amazing deal ! Otherwise the office may be able to allow you to finance with them but if they do not have a relationship with you then that would be a risky decison on their part.

San Diego Cosmetic Dentist

Initial payment amount can vary widely...

+1

Each doctor will have different requirements for the initial fee.  It is common practice to at least cover your up front cost for diagnostic and laboratory services.  This can be anywhere from $1800 to $2500 dollars.  The rest of the fee is divided into equal monthly payments over the estimated length of your treatment.  If you would like to lower your initial fee payment or your monthly payments, your doctor likely can provide you information about a third-party financing company.  These often make it very affordable for almost anyone.

Doug Depew, DMD
Atlanta Orthodontist

Downpayment for invisalign

+1

Each and every dentist you visit regarding Invisalign treatment will have their own policy regarding how much of a downpayment you will need to get started on a case

In my office you have 3 ways to pay

1) Pay in full get a 5% discount

2) 1/2 down and the rest over the course of treatment

3) 24 months no interest financing - no downpayment  needed

I would accept a downpayment of 1500 to start a case but every dentist is different

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Down payment for Invisalign

+1

Every office has its own policy regarding financial arrangements, but in general a significant down payment followed by monthly payments for the remainder of the fee is standard.  Invisalign has a large up front lab fee that the orthodontist must pay to get the case started, so expect to pay in the neighborhood of $2000 for a down payment.  Financing options like Care Credit may allow for a smaller downpayment if you qualify for them.

Brian Povolny, DDS, PhD
Seattle Orthodontist

A good downpayment

+1

$2000 is the lowest downpayment accepted. After that the remainerd of the fee is usually divided out monthly over the course of treatment.

Jacqueline Demko, DDS, MSD
Chesterfield Orthodontist

Orthodontic Insurance for Invisalign

+1

I have been in the orthodontic business since 1991. I practice right down the street from a huge Intel factory. Intel's employees have Delta Dental insurance. In 1991, the benefit for orthodontics was $1500 lifetime. Since that time, the cost of dental insurance has risen as much as 25% per year.  Unbelievably in 2011 (twenty years later), the benefit for braces is still only $1500! This is the same for almost all employers and dental insurance companies. We have done the math over and over for our patients and have determined that orthodontic "insurance" is not worth the money. You will NEVER get back what you pay in. When prospective patients call and ask which insurance to buy before they get braces, we now discourage them from buying any orthodontic coverage. You will save more in the long run by NOT having it!

Greg Jorgensen, DMD, MS
Albuquerque Orthodontist

First, it is actually good you do not have insurance.

+1

To directly answer your question, I would say most dentists require either 50% down or third party financing like Care Credit, etc.. , BUT the most important question is do you have the best dentist to do your Invisalign treatment and that is why I stated that it was actually good not to have dental insurance.  Dental Insurance will set a maximum fee for any dental care they pay for and that includes Invisalign Orthodontics.  That insurance company fee usually is lower than the fee that dentists who offer the best care charge and that puts pressure on the dentist to do abbreviated treatment or use cheaper technology, etc., etc and in addition if you had the money that the insurance company would have pocketed on all the premiums that they collect on an person like yourself's insurance over the years, you could undoubtedly have gotten your Invisalign treatment for free. 

A. Vandiveer Strait, DDS
Wilton Cosmetic Dentist

Paying for invisalign treatment

+1

That's a difficult question because it depends on the practice you are starting your Invisalign treatment with.  Every practice has different fees and financial plans and arrangements.  However its not unusual to see an initial fee of about $2000 to start with treatment, and the balance to be paid monthly over the course of the treatment.  Its important to stress that every practice handles the fee differently and working out the financials with your provider is important.

Cheers.

Dan Hagi, DDS
Toronto Cosmetic Dentist