Had Infection Now Have Bowed Cartilage Bump/dome on Upper Supra-alar Crease?

Had random infection/absess (~7 years ago, not treated). After the incident there is bump at the upper end of the supra-alar crease. Inside the nose, the non-effected side the cartilage pinches in, but on the effected side is pretty much wide open like a dome. The cartilage is springy like a button (rubber dome key), sometimes if I push it will stay in and pop out a fraction of second later. Its amusing but I wonder how hard it would be to fix it.

Nasal bump

+1

It is impossible to tell without seeing photos. If there is assymetry of your nose, that is the most difficult thing to fix, however.  I would love to see photos and hope you will resend your question with photos.

Revision rhinoplasty to fix nose

+1

Dear x2323,

• It looks like you want some minor changes, maybe bring down the bump on the side and give some support to your cartilage
  • The difficulty would just depend on several factors: cartilage availability, what is making up the bump, and why the cartilage snaps
  • The best thing to get a realistic idea is an in person consultation
  • What you are asking for can take 1-4 hours depending on what your nose looks like

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Rhinoplasty revision for bowed cartilage, etc.

+1

Rhinoplasty revision for bowed cartilage, etc. can be done but requires an exam of the problem during a consultation to give a proper answer.

Rhinoplasty Consultation is Necessary for proper Diagnosis

+1

The best advice I would give you is to see a well experienced Rhinoplasty surgeon for consultation. During this period under direct examination a proper diagnosis would be made regarding your concerns. If surgical intervention is advised then the consulting surgeon will be able to tell you what the best plan would be for the desired aesthetic and functional results! Thank you for your inquiry and best regards. Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD