Indented/uneven supra alar crease post septorhinoplasty, options? (Photo)

9 months post op. My nose is still crooked, though significantly less after my procedure. My left supra alar crease is much more indented than the right. I was wondering if piercing the right side would indent it a bit more to make it more symmetrical, or if it would only draw attention to the unevenness. My surgeon recommended a filler like juvederm, but it being temporary AND expensive has me hesitant. Any thoughts on the best way to correct the unevenness would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Crooked nose at 9 months after rhinoplasty

+1
Thank you for your question!

It is understandable that you are concerned. Changes after rhinoplasties vary with every patient and what you are experiencing is not uncommon. What is quite promising is the fact that you mentioned that your nose is "significantly less crooked after your procedure"!

Nonetheless, it is important to keep in mind that it is early to pass a final judgment. Usually, a year is required before formulating how your nose will be, but longer with a thick skin. Even then, your nose will keep shaping itself to complement your face for better results in the years to come.

My best recommendation at the moment is to be patient, allow nature to take its course and edema subsides for better results. There is no doubt that once the swelling resolves, more definition and shape will be achieved and you should be happier with the results.

Also, it is important that you keep communicating with your surgeon and work as a team together to achieve the best results possible.

Congratulations on your surgery and remain positive!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS

Indented/uneven supra alar crease post septorhinoplasty, options?

+1
I agree with your surgeon to try HA fillers. The costs is not that expensive for a=n easy fix to your minor symmetry issues... Like $400... 

Rhinoplasty asymmetry.

+1
It depends on which side you prefer but a small cartilage graft under local anesthesia can be done on the left alar depression. 

Secondary rhinoplasty

+1
Since you are nine months out, you could plan for a secondary revision. Good luck with your choice.
SA

Stefan Rene Adair, MD
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon